Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jun 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Dollar Express Members

I've booked Car Hire through Dollar (US Site) and also signed up to their Dollar Express scheme. Does this mean I can just go to an Express Kiosk at Orlando Airport? Are these manned or is it an automated system?

Also, do they send you a memebership card or should I just bring the email and my ID number?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Heilanger
Excited about Disney

if you are a Dollar Express Member you can go straight to the garage to the Dollar booth and they will be ready for you, just show them your paperwork and pick your car! The last time we went through MCO our name was up on the Dollar electronic board at the booth and they had a car ready for me and said if I wanted something else I could go and choose! You don't get a membership card, or at least I can't remember ever receiving one but they sometimes de-activate your online account if you haven't logged on in a while. It's easy to re-activate though.
Heilanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RobertWestwood
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Originally Posted by Heilanger View Post
if you are a Dollar Express Member you can go straight to the garage to the Dollar booth and they will be ready for you, just show them your paperwork and pick your car! The last time we went through MCO our name was up on the Dollar electronic board at the booth and they had a car ready for me and said if I wanted something else I could go and choose! You don't get a membership card, or at least I can't remember ever receiving one but they sometimes de-activate your online account if you haven't logged on in a while. It's easy to re-activate though.
Have they fixed this then as there have been problems with various agents not being able to link your booking to your DE number and dollar saying they will only allow this scheme to be used with bookings made directly with them

This and the heaps of junk they are renting out are the main reason I defected to Alamo this year

Remember Also that even if it works you can only do this at MCO, there is no option to do this at Sanford

She is much more intelligent than me
RobertWestwood is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 16, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PedrotheBhoy View Post
I've booked Car Hire through Dollar (US Site) and also signed up to their Dollar Express scheme. Does this mean I can just go to an Express Kiosk at Orlando Airport? Are these manned or is it an automated system?

Also, do they send you a memebership card or should I just bring the email and my ID number?
Just make sure the vehicle you've booked included the CDW / LDW and other waivers, fee's and taxes. When you book through a US website they tend to leave off this required stuff.

It was a few years ago when I last used Dollar but I just printed off the ID number... I'm still waiting for my card. afaik, if you book direct with Dollar then you can use the DE system. If you book through a third party company then it doesn't look like you can use DE from the various reports on here.
Old 21 Jun 16, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
Have they fixed this then as there have been problems with various agents not being able to link your booking to your DE number and dollar saying they will only allow this scheme to be used with bookings made directly with them

This and the heaps of junk they are renting out are the main reason I defected to Alamo this year

Remember Also that even if it works you can only do this at MCO, there is no option to do this at Sanford
Thanks for the info. I've booked direct through Dollar, however I booked the car before I joined DE. I have emailed them and asked them to link my DE ID to the booking.

I've used Dollar a few times in the US (California) and always found the cars to be good.

Originally Posted by andy1984uk View Post
Just make sure the vehicle you've booked included the CDW / LDW and other waivers, fee's and taxes. When you book through a US website they tend to leave off this required stuff.

It was a few years ago when I last used Dollar but I just printed off the ID number... I'm still waiting for my card. afaik, if you book direct with Dollar then you can use the DE system. If you book through a third party company then it doesn't look like you can use DE from the various reports on here.
I've booked through Dollar US site in the past in California and had no problems. I did however have to pay extra dor the CDW etc.

This time I'm going to take out seperate Car Hire insurance with iCarhire.co.uk which covers you for CDW/LDW etc. in USA. £70 for a year for worldwide cover - a hell of a lot cheaper than taking what Dollar make you pay on the day.
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RobertWestwood View Post
the heaps of junk they are renting out are the main reason I defected to Alamo this year
Me too, I had two rotters on my last two rentals with Dollar from MCO. High mileage beaten up and dirty. Have had three very nice rentals with Alamo since then.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Thanks for the info. I've booked direct through Dollar, however I booked the car before I joined DE. I have emailed them and asked them to link my DE ID to the booking.

I've used Dollar a few times in the US (California) and always found the cars to be good.

I've booked through Dollar US site in the past in California and had no problems. I did however have to pay extra dor the CDW etc.

This time I'm going to take out seperate Car Hire insurance with iCarhire.co.uk which covers you for CDW/LDW etc. in USA. £70 for a year for worldwide cover - a hell of a lot cheaper than taking what Dollar make you pay on the day.
OP. Your decision but make sure you know all the terms and conditions of this Insurance. Some require you to pay and claim later. Not good if you have to pay for a new car!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post

I've contacted Dollar to add my Dollar Express member number to my booking since I booked the car before I joined Dollar Express. It turns out you can't add a membership number to a Pre-Paid booking so looks like we'll be queuing with the plebs for our car
Old 24 Jun 16, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Mobile

I've contacted Dollar to add my Dollar Express member number to my booking since I booked the car before I joined Dollar Express. It turns out you can't add a membership number to a Pre-Paid booking so looks like we'll be queuing with the plebs for our car
Dollar have said this for years, it has always been their official line. For years though dibbers including me consistently reported being able to use DE by getting the third party to add the number to the booking. Whats up in the air now is whether this is still possible because dollar are just saying what they always have said

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
Dollar have said this for years, it has always been their official line. For years though dibbers including me consistently reported being able to use DE by getting the third party to add the number to the booking. Whats up in the air now is whether this is still possible because dollar are just saying what they always have said
I booked direct with Dollar not a 3rd party though.
Closed Thread