Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jun 16, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
universal24
Helping Minnie

Alamo Brits upgrade?

So i have taken the plunge a booked my hire car with alamo brits, used alamo last year with family and have a lincon navigator and chevy surburban, both great cars as its just me and my girlfriend this year i just booked the cheapest car possible lol. but now i am looking at upgrading to a mustang convertable what i want to know is that if i amend my booking to the new car, do Alamo refund the original booking then you pay all again or do you just pay the difference? sorry if its been asked before.

Thanks for your help
universal24 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
UPExodus
Helping Minnie

Hiya, I had this same issue for my trip, I didn't use Brits, but I did book through Alamo. They told me they would take payment then refund, but they ended up just taking the difference when I finally came to do it. So it might be worth giving them all a call and finding out.
UPExodus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Not sure if this answers your question, however I booked and paid for our car hire..then edited the booking as I noticed the price had reduced. I expected it to be a full refund and then resale, however it just refunded the difference back. Which would make me think that amendments/adjustments just either charge or refund the balance...

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

amending the booking will just refund (or charge) you the difference between what you booked, and what youre changing to.

my original basic car booking last week with alamo brits was £290. it then went down to £230 nearer the time, but the price of a midsize SUV dropped during this period from over £400 down to about £270

so i booked at £290, got a £30 refund when it first dropped, then another £20ish refunded... i then was charged ~£40 when i upgraded to the SUV

you can cancel and rebook, but that takes the full amount from your account, and can take a couple of days to be refunded, so youre out of pocket by the full amount for a couple of days. amending an existing booking avoids this.

HTH
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
universal24
Helping Minnie

Thanks for the info guys . I ammended the booking this morning to change it to the Mustang , cant wait to drive this! Ammending the booking was eay enough and was just charged the outstanding difference between the cars. Had a result aswell as the price had came down a little bit .

Thanks again for the info
universal24 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 16, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread