Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Sep 16, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr orlando 2014 View Post
What's that ?
Couple of AA pilots arrested for being over the limit at arrival at airport to take charge of plane.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Going by whats happened at glasgow recently, probably sit back and have a couple of beers!
Oh dear... Crazy people...

I am a First Officer with a large Airline frequently flying to the USA.
I am type rated for the Airbus A330 aircraft and I can answer any operational, flight, aviation queries you may have.
I can't answer questions about your seat allocation, IFE, in flight meals etc.
Kestrel029 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gingernut05 View Post
Hello

Long time reader first time poster...

Flew back last night and normally i am a bad flyer, hate it when we hit turblence, hate it in fairness when it moves and shakes slightly in general flight but i have been to Orlando three times so it doesnt stop me i suppose.

I screenshotted alot of what you said on turblence and we had a bumpy first couple of hours last night, i bet i know that post on turblence as well as anybody but actually i didnt feel that bothered from what i can remember. Dont get me wrong i will never enjoy it though.

Keep the thread going as long as you can.

Glad it helped.

I am type rated for the Airbus A330 aircraft and I can answer any operational, flight, aviation queries you may have.
Kestrel029 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 16, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi love this thread gonna keep reading as it is making me feel more at ease with our flight in Feb thanks 😊
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 16, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Originally Posted by firsttimedream View Post
Hi love this thread gonna keep reading as it is making me feel more at ease with our flight in Feb thanks 😊
Glad it helps.

Old 11 Sep 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post

I printed the whole thing off to take with me on the plane but had read it and these 3 paragraph's really helped me with the bumps and 'drops'. I can't tell you how much your reassurance's helped

But rest assured, a modern airplane can fly into turbulence, be buffeted around, without consequence.

If we are entering an area of CAT (Clear Air Turbulence) which cannot be identified by radar, we slow the aircraft down to turbulent air penetration speed.

When you "drop" in a plane, your body is actually reacting to a change in G forces, and not actually dropping. it's similar to the effect felt shortly after takeoff when we reduce the throttles. Some people ask me why the plane drops, it doesn't you're just feeling the difference in G forces as we slow the acceleration. It's the same for turbulence. I really felt this paragraph helped the most especially when i'd normally be thinking that I was going to die lol. When it happened soon after take off, dh, normally the most relaxed, laid back flyer, said how concerned it made him. It felt so good to be able to tell him that it was nothing to worry about and completely normal
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
You became the expert after reading that

Old 12 Sep 16, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kestrel029 View Post
You became the expert after reading that
Lol at that and your other comments on drinking 13 cups of coffee and the turbulence potentially spilling your coffee

Do you really drink that much airline coffee? I think it tastes disgusting and I'm an instant coffee drinker though when you add a baileys to it it doesn't taste too bad

To the post about the pilots being over the alcohol limit my mum has always said that she'd rather get on a plane with a pilot who was over the limit than one who'd had drugs
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Limits are that strict re alcohol that I don't even have one the night before. And I've got my own source of coffee onboard no baileys mind.

Old 4 Jan 17, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We need to keep this thread going cos love reading it and it's helping me to feel more comfortable with flying ✈
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List