Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jan 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
stan_the_man
Imagineer

After all the security upgrades, is there a blanket ban on visiting the cockpit (before or during flight) or are some pilots lenient? i.e. if you were on a 747 upper deck next to the cockpit and saw the pilot, could you ask to have a look?

Allergy-Friendly Food Report 2015
stan_the_man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
After all the security upgrades, is there a blanket ban on visiting the cockpit (before or during flight) or are some pilots lenient? i.e. if you were on a 747 upper deck next to the cockpit and saw the pilot, could you ask to have a look?
You are still able to visit the flight deck before or after the flight (subject to the captains approval), however, once the aircraft doors are closed it becomes out of bounds to passengers.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by stan_the_man View Post
When we went in Jan last year, we were sat waiting to take off at Orlando on the Virgin flight and the pilots came through and asked if anyone wanted to go in the cockpit, I jumped up and went for it! They were really nice and let me take lots of photos and took pictures of me in the pilots seat! Loved it! Not sure if they still do that now?
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 17, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
stephy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kestrel029 View Post
Wow, third new thread, this has been going a while now! In fact just over three years..
You have done a wonderful job at putting people's minds at rest when flying, including me! My sister has a new job as cabin crew so i now have her on tap lol thank you x
stephy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi flying mon and my mind is on overload with worry😟 I'm not sleeping well at all and I keep going through all the bad things that can happen! I can't seem to stop it😔 pls help me! Tia
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Read back through the thread(s). There is so little to worry about flying, once you are at the airport, the worst part of the trip is over...
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sorry I've not posted for a while. Rather busy time at work hope everyone had safe and uneventful flights.

I am a First Officer with a large Airline frequently flying to the USA.
I am type rated for the Airbus A330 aircraft and I can answer any operational, flight, aviation queries you may have.
I can't answer questions about your seat allocation, IFE, in flight meals etc.
Kestrel029 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes we did and going again next year too so thankyou for all ur input it's been very helpful 😉
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Kestrel029
Apprentice Imagineer

Kestrel029's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Fantastic, glad to be of help.

I am a First Officer with a large Airline frequently flying to the USA.
I am type rated for the Airbus A330 aircraft and I can answer any operational, flight, aviation queries you may have.
I can't answer questions about your seat allocation, IFE, in flight meals etc.
Kestrel029 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Hi glad your back,
With the A350 replacing the 747,will you be type trained and be on the MCO route when operational.
I know the leisure routes will be last for it.
Should be on one earlyish next year to middle East.