Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Jul 19, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to following along, it will help me get over being back home again. We haven’t tried it yet but Sal’s pizza at Portofino seems to get high praise, I’ll let you know what it’s like or if I can give any other Italian suggestions, we may try one of the restaurants at Portofino.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 06:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Looking forward to following along, it will help me get over being back home again. We haven’t tried it yet but Sal’s pizza at Portofino seems to get high praise, I’ll let you know what it’s like or if I can give any other Italian suggestions, we may try one of the restaurants at Portofino.
Oh brilliant thanks that would be great. We love pizza that’s a good shout

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ohhh I’m going to enjoy this! So glad Flying Fish is on the list now - I’ve not been since the refurb so looking forward to it.

And of course, I’m here for the cocktails
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Ohhh I’m going to enjoy this! So glad Flying Fish is on the list now - I’ve not been since the refurb so looking forward to it.

And of course, I’m here for the cocktails
Special cocktail photos just for you and Goldia 🤪

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm always drawn to the cocktail photos in food reports, it's a guilty pleasure! You'll be off in no time and I can't wait to see all the awesome places you and your beautiful girl are going to eat at.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm always drawn to the cocktail photos in food reports, it's a guilty pleasure! You'll be off in no time and I can't wait to see all the awesome places you and your beautiful girl are going to eat at.
Thank you 🥰... I know deluxe is pretty indulgent but I really enjoy eating out so it’s my guilty pleasure once a year. I’m really happy I can now get a nice cocktail with dinner included. A couple of places last year let me have Eva’s allowance as she only drinks water (weirdo that she is!) but only at a couple of places.. California Grill allowed it as did M. Paul (I am not going to stop going on about my fave restaurant fir the next two weeks)

Are you all set? Packed? Ready to have a nice G&T on the plane?

Old 28 Jul 19, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
We check in POFQ on the 15th, looks like there will be a few dibbers round the pool!
Well if you see us come say hello ... we always go to the pool in the afternoon for a few hours or in the morning later in the holiday when we are starting to flag. You should recognise us we look just like the photo on my profile 😊

Old 28 Jul 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I know this a food report but thought I would update on a part of the plan after forcing Eva to sit and talk Florida this afternoon.

We are out there for opening of Galaxy’s Edge. Eva wants to go opening day I’m absolutely against it. But apparently I need to demonstrate compromise 😂

Eva wants to go in opening day as she wants the limited opening day pins. So I’ve researched and I think we can get them on site at other locations. Anybody read anything to confirm that this is the case? She doesn’t like Star Wars but has an impressive pin collection built up over the last few years so I get why she wants the limited release ones.

I’ve agreed to go there on day 2. I’ve booked Hollywood & Slime breakfast. We will try and get in but if we can’t we can’t. If we do I will share the new Star Wars food pics with you.

We will however 100% be doing Food & Wine opening day which we’ve not done before. There’s an app which I have downloaded which has all the food descriptions and you can make a wish list. It started as 60 dishes which we have got down to 36 😂😂 (including drinks - baileys/Guinness milkshake and grey goose slushie)

I’m excited about the Thai booth and there’s some lamb chops in Australia that I have to eat... oh and the new Alps booth looks cool too.

I suppose I should save quite a few snack credits for it.

For those that have been - are the portions pretty small? Are the lines awful at each booth? I think the plan is get there for 11 and treat us as lunch and leave before the evening crowds arrive.

Old 28 Jul 19, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi Pez01. We have found that the portion vary a lot. They are generally the size if a starter i would say. Great that your there for SW opening. We leave the day before- not sure if we would off braved it or not given the expected crowds but at least with a adr you wont be in the main crowd. Looking forward to reading along😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Special cocktail photos just for you and Goldia 🤪
Hurrah! I have to live vicariously right now as my countdown is still so long 😩
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List