Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 17 Jul 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

I love following these type of threads, they are usually so interesting. Good luck with your move.
Old 17 Jul 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
That is stunning! And a nice part of Scotland too, I went to college just down the coast a bit in Cupar!

We didn’t have big holidays or 2 cars while the kids were growing up! We just accepted it I suppose. Do doesn’t earn super money, we just cut our cloth! But I do worry about ds and dad. One is an OT with the NHS and the other will possibly be teaching or working in child care!
It’s beautiful isn’t it. We are so fortunate to live in this area - stunning countryside, beaches and glens all within a half hour drive .

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as rude or cheeky. We literally couldn’t afford a house at £300k even if we had no nights outs, cinema etc. Never mind a holiday . I could count on one hand the people we know who would get a mortgage for over £250k .

Edited at 08:15 PM.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
It’s beautiful isn’t it. We are so fortunate to live in this area - stunning countryside, beaches and glens all within a half hour drive .

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come across as rude or cheeky. We literally couldn’t afford a house at £300k even if we had no nights outs, cinema etc. Never mind a holiday . I could count on one hand the people we know who would get a mortgage for over £250k .
No need to apologise, it wasn't rude or cheeky, I totally understand what you mean. Both of our kids won't be earning enough to get a mortgage even for £100k and when tiny flats round here cost about £150k don't know when they will be able to buy! We bought 30 years ago when houses were cheaper however interest rates were high so its swings and roundabouts here in the south especially!
Old 24 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Just a quick update - finished school for the summer and first day our buyers want to come round and check out a couple of minor things on the survey so up early to try and do the housework in the cool.

With our purchase, think there has been some confusion as now dealing with the manager of the estate agents who has said vendors don't want to do work but will renegotiate price and then allow us access between exchange and completion to do the work. Hopefully we will know more later today - off to do the bathrooms now - I know how to live!
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Bit of a hiccup yesterday. Our buyers want to reduce the price as the kitchen is older than they thought They were happy with it until they asked how old it was and suddenly 10 years old is too old! Seriously Our estate agent says she will get it sorted. They are querying why we said "recently re-fitted" when it is 10 years old but the refit bit is because 3 years ago I had new granite worktops and built in dishwasher and washing machine. If I had a choice I would pull out as I think they are going to be trouble, well even more than they are being so far.

BTW both their homebuyers and mortgage survey have said the value is ok and nothing about the kitchen!
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Regarding pitch fibre drains, our DD bought a house with these drains, which needed work. The vendor had the work carried out and was covered under his house insurance.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Regarding pitch fibre drains, our DD bought a house with these drains, which needed work. The vendor had the work carried out and was covered under his house insurance.
Thats what we thought was happening but something strange is going on so they are going to knock off some money and we will do it when we move in. Wondering if they don't have insurance or something? Anyway it could all come to an end if our buyers get stroppy Just waiting to hear from both agents
Old 30 Jul 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Hope you can get things worked out ok
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Talland 2016 View Post
Hope you can get things worked out ok
Thank you, yes we have finally.

We have agreed to lower our price and include a couple of bits - not what we really wanted to do but it is worth it to get the house we want!

With the house we are buying they are waiting for a quote for the work that needs done on the drains then they will reduce their price accordingly. Hopefully when all that is done we can exchange and get a date. I have had removers round to quote and neither seemed surprised at how much stuff we had (which surprised me! ) However there is quite a big difference between the 2 quotes so far - I will see what the 3rd says before we make up our minds which one. We need to decide soon as they will supply boxes once we have booked them and that is what we need now!
Old 6 Aug 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We have heard back from the house we are buying and they are reducing the price as per the higher quote for the drains repair which we are happy with.

The agent wanted to know if we were going to change the boiler straight away and when I asked why (well you would wouldn't you! ) apparently the coil has gone in the hot water tank. They are going to replace it if we are keeping the boiler. Obviously I said it was on our list (its 46 years old! ) but not immediately. So that is nice that we will be getting a new hot water cylinder and that they have told us as well. We could have just moved in and had no hot water!

We are going up on Sunday to go round the house with them and say what we want to keep/and or buy. I'm hoping to check out the size of windows to see which curtains will fit. Maybe also take some internal photos of the garage and bathrooms for planning what we are going to do with them. Dh is also going to take his drone and see if he can get some footage of the roof to see what it looks like. The owner is happy with this and actually asked if we would do some aerial photos of the house for them, which obviously we will do.

Possibly going up tomorrow to the area to browse some kitchen and bathroom shops as well as do a trial drive to the station that we will collect ds from. He may join me if he is free, I think lunch may persuade him!