Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Sep 18, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindyT View Post
Such an enjoyable read. Thank you so much for all of this work.You had no need to feel nervous of the finished result! I think it sits up there with the best of them! Again, thank you, Linda
Thank you Linda, that is so kind of you to say! Thank you for reading, it's almost time for the next one, I am so excited

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Reply to Day 14

Tokyo Dining is one of those places that I keep ALMOST trying. It looks so lovely, and the views - but then I look (for the millionth time) at the menu and just...don't feel it.

This report has not changed my mind.

Such pretty everything...but, no.

Love the IDEA of the Sci-Fi - but we always have some kind of issue there, too. Though I've never had to wrap napkins 'round my legs!

Poor you...and then to get what looked like ASDA Café fries! It's just not on, Disney. THAT'S why I won't order my main until I have my starter in America.

I wish that the Sci-Fi was a counter service restaurant. It would be the perfect spot to duck in and watch a few of the cheesy clips with a drink or a sandwich.

But the last time we went there (paying OOP) - we were stuck at the back of a car and then hustled out of the restaurant.

From being seated to walking out: 43 minutes (I was so peeved I wrote it down).

For a $50 meal.

It's a crying shame...because I love, love, LOVE the theming.

Oh, dear...sorry for using YOUR report to complain.

Must do better next time.
I think Tokyo Dining will be a once and done for us, I have read that their fillet is one of the best (and only one TS credit!), but I could go to a Japanese restaurant and order a steak.

Sci-Fi as a counter service is a genius idea!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
VizslaMom
Getting Excited

What an amazing report... thank you so much for writing and posting it! Sooooooo much food
I would love to stay on-site with a dining plan, but unfortunately, we go after the Easter rush has subsided (late April/early May)and the 'free dining' isn't available then ... maybe one day when DS10 has flown the nest - if it's still available !?!

I had a sneaky solo trip in November and got a Boma walk up ...absolutely loved it - will defo be going back next trip with the family!
I don't normally like soup, but the Butternut Squash soup is to die for

Although we will be paying OOP, you have certainly given me plenty of ideas of places to eat (and some where not to... )
DH can be a little fussy - if it's not steak, don't want it
...and although I'm intolerant to wheat, sometimes you just have to suffer for the greater good ...

I'm about to start on your 2018 report... really looking forward to that

Thank you again for your fab reports... keep 'em coming!
VizslaMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by VizslaMom View Post
What an amazing report... thank you so much for writing and posting it! Sooooooo much food
I would love to stay on-site with a dining plan, but unfortunately, we go after the Easter rush has subsided (late April/early May)and the 'free dining' isn't available then ... maybe one day when DS10 has flown the nest - if it's still available !?!

I had a sneaky solo trip in November and got a Boma walk up ...absolutely loved it - will defo be going back next trip with the family!
I don't normally like soup, but the Butternut Squash soup is to die for

Although we will be paying OOP, you have certainly given me plenty of ideas of places to eat (and some where not to... )
DH can be a little fussy - if it's not steak, don't want it
...and although I'm intolerant to wheat, sometimes you just have to suffer for the greater good ...

I'm about to start on your 2018 report... really looking forward to that

Thank you again for your fab reports... keep 'em coming!
Free dining is available after Easter. There are black out dates of approx 3 weeks around Easter, the bulk of which are before Easter, but as long as you check in once blackout dates have finished, then you'd get free dining. You'd definitely get it in May. We've had it twice during Easter school holidays - once by going before Easter and checking in on the last valid date, and once just after Easter by checking in on the first valid date after the blackout.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List