Old 1 Apr 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Abi, Aaron & Edith's first stay at DLP! Day 4

We all woke up naturally at 7.15am so we decided we could make EMH for the first time! It was also the first night Edith had slept all the way through so that was nice. We let Sarah & James know we were heading out early & arranged to meet them for breakfast. We walked over to Disneyland and managed to ride Pinocchio, the Carousel, Peter Pan & the Teacups before heading back over to the hotel. Making EMH & then heading back for breakfast is hard on the feet!

We met Sarah & Maisie at breakfast, James was packing. We all had some food, even Edith had a yoghurt! Aaron then left early to pack and I joined him a while later to finish my bits. We loaded the car & were ready to head back into the parks just after 11.

We got some classic Main St Photos. Edith was distraught because I took her dummy off her for photos! Note she has it back in the last one where there are no more tears!

We all walked to the Studios together and head for another ide on Ratatouille using our hotel FP. Maisie then wanted to do Slinky so we split group as and me and Aaron looked at doing TOT single rider. He went in first and then came back out, Apparently the FP queue was too long. We decided to head over to Disneyland for our last hour. We didn’t manage to ride anything else as we were running out of time but we had a nice wonder and grqabbed another candy floss in which Edith made a nice face imprint.

We walked back to the Village & grabbed a McD’s before the journey home. We waited about 30 minutes for this again and then it was cold by the time we ate it. So disappointing. We found Sarah & James in the GF lounge and after packing the last bits in the car we set off on the road to Calais.

We stopped once for fuel and the journey was very smooth. When we pulled up at the terminal though we had signs flashing telling us there were delays due to French industrial strikes. Great! We crawled through border control, we were put in different lanes to Sarah & James and we kept overtaking them & vise versa. It was a race to get onto a train and in the end we both managed to get on the one 20 minutes after our booked time so it wasn’t too bad.

We had Edith out again for the crossing and then made the long journey home the other end. We had awful traffic at Slough again and finally made it back after 8 long hours on the road. Edith was a trooper again, she slept for some of the journey and was happy watching TV for the rest. we picked Rose, our dog up from my mom & dad, head home & went straight to bed! ! Yawn.

So that brings me to the end of another report. It was our first proper trip to DLP and overall I was impressed. The parks & hotels were lovely and clean, the food was great and we had amazing weather which always helps. The lows include the service, Edith being ill and the long journey, I think we would definitely fly next time, but hopefully there will be a next time! Disneyland hotel, im looking at you!

Edited at 12:00 PM.
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooh gutted I’m at the end already, I’ve been looking forward to reading this for so long.
You’ve made me so excited for our trip, sounds like a lovely last morning xx
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Yikes that certainly was a long journey home for you, this makes me very thankful for being that much further south of the country (it takes us about 90mins to get from Folkestone to home). Edith did you proud though, such a little trooper!

I loved reading this and so happy you had such a great time (Edith being poorly aside). I am very excited to follow your upcoming WDW trip... not long to go now!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Oooh gutted I’m at the end already, I’ve been looking forward to reading this for so long.
You’ve made me so excited for our trip, sounds like a lovely last morning xx
It was a nice way to finish, I'm still amazed we made the morning hours.

Thanks for reading along x

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Yikes that certainly was a long journey home for you, this makes me very thankful for being that much further south of the country (it takes us about 90mins to get from Folkestone to home). Edith did you proud though, such a little trooper!

I loved reading this and so happy you had such a great time (Edith being poorly aside). I am very excited to follow your upcoming WDW trip... not long to go now!
Yea, the journey was a slog! Worth it though and Edith was so, so good bless her.

I can't believe how.close our WDW trip is now. In 3 weeks we will be there!
abiknox is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Wow! I admire you getting to EMT then back for breakfast. We are at SL GF in a few weeks and I’m tempted to try and do the same. We like a good breakfast but I’m not sure we want to be hitting the rides with full stomachs. What time do they serve breakfast to? Did they still have the full range later on?
Glad you enjoyed your trip, despite the hiccups.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Wow! I admire you getting to EMT then back for breakfast. We are at SL GF in a few weeks and I’m tempted to try and do the same. We like a good breakfast but I’m not sure we want to be hitting the rides with full stomachs. What time do they serve breakfast to? Did they still have the full range later on?
Glad you enjoyed your trip, despite the hiccups.
Yea, that was a hard slog but worth it. We had hit 10k steps by the time we got back into the park!

I think breakfast was until 10.30am, magic hours were 8.30-9.30 so you do have time to make use of the full hour if you can get up in time.

Yes, they still had everything and I think they only stop letting people in at 10.30am, once you're in, I don't think they rush you out.