Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Apr 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
The DCL website is shocking

Today was my booking day for the cruise. I was awake so logged on at around 2am to do online check in and choose a port arrival time. I was awake again ready to book on board activities at 5am but every time I tried to book anything I constantly got the "we're working on it" error message. It took two hours before I was finally able to book things but I did managed to get everything bar a champagne tasting but I should be able to get that on board. We've quite a large FB group and everyone had the same problem a lot of the East Coast contingent gave up after an hour. I know the site can crash when new itineraries are released but don't remember things being that bad booking activities before, has anyone else had real problems booking activities?

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Today was my booking day for the cruise. I was awake so logged on at around 2am to do online check in and choose a port arrival time. I was awake again ready to book on board activities at 5am but every time I tried to book anything I constantly got the "we're working on it" error message. It took two hours before I was finally able to book things but I did managed to get everything bar a champagne tasting but I should be able to get that on board. We've quite a large FB group and everyone had the same problem a lot of the East Coast contingent gave up after an hour. I know the site can crash when new itineraries are released but don't remember things being that bad booking activities before, has anyone else had real problems booking activities?
It's all shocking, calling up, waits can be ridiculous. Compared to RCL, neither the website or call centre come close (Disney people are good when you get through though).

I'm afraid it's again due to cost control to make more profit- they simply don't invest enough in the website / infrastructure )as you know DVC website also always going down) and don't employ enough people on the phones.

Edited at 02:15 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

I have found the website has been down a lot this past week and when sometimes when I have managed to get on it says I have no booking. I made a payment last week and it didn't update my balance but got it sorted quickly by email.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
It is awful but I can't ever see Disney doing anything about it, despite thousands of people (I guess) saying the same thing.

I have found that clearing my browser history helps with DCL though, not sure if it's just coincidence.

Joa