Notices

Old 16 Apr 19, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

The Marsh‘s Marvellous Mousecation- Day 9 - Monday 15th April

We woke everyone at 7.30am, but as usual the sleepyheads needed several reminders to get up & have breakfast.
Today was planned as an Epcot day, with an ADR for the ESPN Sports Bar at 3pm (5pm UK time so DS & DH could watch the Arsenal v Watford game).
We arrived at Epcot (car park) at 9.20am, but the queues for bag search/security were huge! Our 1st FP was for Journey into Imagination with Figment at 10.20am (which since showing my middle DD a YouTube video of before the holiday, she has been obsessed with!). As you can probably imagine, my eldest DS & DD we're not impressed! 😆 I think we made it onto the ride at 10.40am, then DD bought herself a Figment for $19.99 + tax. We persuaded her she didn’t need a Figment hoodie at $65 (namely because she doesn’t have that much left!). Here she is cuddling Figment.

Next FP we did was The Sea with Nemo & friends (for my youngest). This was a bit of a disappointment after the Ariel ride in MK which I feel is much better (although we did enjoy looking at the marine life in the Aquarium after). DH enquired about the Manatees & whether they have access to a larger area of water. A CM there said they do have another area & both were rescued (one has a fin injury & the other is an orphan). Apparently they tried to release them back to the ocean 3 times, but they don’t do well & don’t swim to the warm water they need to keep their heat. Apparently despite looking blubbery, they’re only 3% body fat & she had a replica manatee rib which is really heavy. So this part was interesting & educational, but the ride was a bit rubbish I thought. Again, eldest 2 kids were not impressed! Cue moaning from the about going on a ‘proper' ride. As we exited the aquarium section, we saw a sky-writer with a message! Middle DD got very excited as she thought it was her name being written “I love u Jess” (turned out to be “I love u Jesus!”), lol!

We had a bit of a gap after this, so decided to look at standby times for rides (our 3rd FP being Frozen Ever After at 1.35pm). My eldest chose Mission Space (orange lane). Now, I know they give you various warnings & options to back out, but I really didn't think it'd be that bad. I must admit, I don't like confined spaces & when the ride closed in, I felt ill before it began & started looking for a button to call for help/end ride. I also had the youngest 2 with me who didn't like it (though they both held it together until the doors open - I think we all reassured each other). I personally couldn't wait for it to end - and when it did even my eldest 2 had to sit down for a while. DS said he liked the ride, but not the confinement.
This will definitely be a ride I'll never opt for again. I know there's a less intense experience in green zone - is it still closed in though?
Anyway, after we'd recovered & had a drink, my eldest 2 were moaning about having to go on Frozen Ever After. The standby for Soarin' was 1hr, so we decided to let them go off & do this and then meet us by the lake.
DH, youngest 2 & myself enjoyed Frozen & the other 2 came back raving about Soarin'.
It was time for lunch by now, so we walked past the UK Pavillion & took the friendship boat to the Boardwalk & ESPN Sports Bar.

The Boardwalk is lovely and after being on the Dibb for so many years & reading all the other wonderful trip reports, it just seems surreal to be experiencing these places myself!
We found ESPN a lot better than the NBC Sports Bar at Universal. The volume of the games being shown was a sensible level (in that we could still hold a conversation), against the NBC where everything was full volume. Food was good at ESPN. A selection of pictures is below.

We'd finished lunch (starter & main) before the end of the game, so I took the 3 girls for a walk around Boardwalk while the boys finished watching the match. Hooray Arsenal won 1-0, so DS was happy.
I made a few purchases in the shop (namely a few little gifts to put away for my kids birthdays- and a Grape Soda keyring for my nephew who loves it. Eldest DD bought herself a Stitch plush for $28 + tax. Sorry, just realised I don’t have a photo of it, so here’s a Stitch topiary instead!

We caught the boat back after the game, and kids weren't really interested in World Showcase - they wanted more rides.
By this time, middle DD decided she didn't want to do any more rides, but eldest 2 wanted to do Test Track (70 min wait on standby- although they switched to single rider line & managed to get on quicker, even ending up together on ride). A big thumbs up from them.
I took youngest DD on Soarin' (50 min standby, although we actually got on in 38min as I timed it). DH sat out with middle DD. Youngest declared it her best ride of the day, and I have to agree - absolutely loved it!
We left Epcot about 8pm (DH was tired & just wanted to get back), so told kids we'd all have pool time when we got back (which we did - it was lovely to rest my tired feet & legs in the pool after a lot of walking).
Tomorrow is HS but as 1st FP isn't until 1.25pm, we've decided on more pool time & an early villa lunch.
Here's a selection of other photos from today:

Edited at 04:14 AM. Reason: Add photos
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another fab day.

I’m not a mission space fan either!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Great photos from today, I love the flower displays at epcot, they are stunning!
I hate mission space bluerghhhh!
ESPN food looks good might mention this concept of footy and food to my DH, to entice him to let me book next trip!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day!
I have done the green version of Mission Space and found it okay, though it is still quite confined. I was considering the Orange this summer but maybe not! I am Queen of Wimp when it comes to big rides.
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Fab. I love Epcot. We like the big rides but I also love a wander round the countries having different snacks and drinks. Although my lot are always trailing behind me moaning about it being too hot!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 17 Apr 19, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Fab. I love Epcot. We like the big rides but I also love a wander round the countries having different snacks and drinks. Although my lot are always trailing behind me moaning about it being too hot!
In an ideal world, I’d love to spend the day meandering around world showcase- not sure if I’ll get chance on this trip - I’ll have to plan a longer trip like your last one! 😊
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A lovely day. My DH doesn't much like the confinement on Mission Space either.
Old 16 May 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Mobile

I love the Boardwalk 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List