Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Same answer I always give to this. It will take as long as it takes. You can’t control it. You can’t change it. You can only ruin the start of your holiday stressing about it. Find your zen. It will end. In 11 trips in the last decade we’ve done 20 minutes and 2.5 hours and pretty much everything in-between. You’re going on an amazing holiday most people never will. Don’t sweat the small stuff 🌈
I do get that. Was just wondering if it is the same as has always been or if there has been changes since we last had to go through.
Would still prefer the wait in the hall to arriving in late evening to Orlando with Aer Lingus.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
I do get that. Was just wondering if it is the same as has always been or if there has been changes since we last had to go through.
Would still prefer the wait in the hall to arriving in late evening to Orlando with Aer Lingus.
I'd say same as it has always been. Our last couple have been marginally worse, but then we're not as keen to book bubble seats since they started charging for them, and I think that is what's driven our recent experience, more so than a general decline in service.
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Eloise73
Getting Excited

Mobile

We landed Sunday 8 April, BA plane landed same time, mid afternoon, took us 25 mins to get done, was quite fast
Disney Magic Northern Europe - Summer 2022, Disney Magic Staycation, Tilbury - 2021, 2019 - WDW POFQ and Lake Berkley Resort , 2015 - DLP Cheyenne Hotel, 2012 - DLP Hotel L'Elysee, 2010 - DLP Hotel New York, 2008 - DLP Santa Fe, 2006 - WDW AKL and POFQ and offsite at Indian Ridge,, 2005 - WDW Offsite Windward Cay
Eloise73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

I have waited nearly 3 hours on one occasion and the quickest was 28 minutes from getting off the plane to getting into the hire car. I always plan 2 hours and anything shorter than that I take as a bonus.
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

First time - the late VA flight it took like 45 mins or so I think, we were in the middle of econ too.
2nd time with the self serve kiosks about 20/30 mins i think, waiting for the person check. (We were on a 2hr delayed early BA, I think we got in shortly before the later VA)
3rd time we precleared in Dublin but took an hour to get us to gate, then 45 mins to get bags - to say we were fed up by the time we hit The DME queue is an understatement!
I think we just gotta shoot for positive mindset and remember the other side of immigration and customs is our happy place!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cambsno
Serious Dibber

No way of knowing. They could have a system failure, short staff, other flight gets in early, yours late and all of a sudden you have a 2 hour wait!

Last couple of times been pretty quick, on a work trip to LA in Jan I was waiting for an hour and a half!
cambsno is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
We’ve just landed on the 10:15 Thomas cook flight from Manchester and were through in 40 minutes. We were first off the plane though and there was only a short queue already in the immigration hall.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:09 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

We were through in 20 mins today 9.55am out of Manc arrived @ 145pm was dead
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
THis type of threads always causes debate and reminising of times gone by , good or bad. Yes a piece of string and we have seen on this thread recent experiences lots of 30 mins and one 4 hours!
But I remember when MIA was terrible and took hours, but the majority at MIA now seem to be positive .

I notice MCO is becoming more positive also. Lots of sub 30 mins , the occasional 2 hours+ , but the times seem to be irrelevent of 5 planes arriving together or 1. Maybe they are doing a MIA and its actually improving. Keep the actual times coming, because posts over the last few months seem to be supporting the 'Its no longer a big problem'

Edited at 01:57 AM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List