Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Apr 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile POFQ or CSR?

Which moderate resort do people recommend - POFQ or CSR staying for a week next August ( 2 adults and 2 ch aged 11 and 8)? Both look lovely ! Thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Really enjoy both of them but have a slight leaning to Coronado. POFQ is lovely, not too big & good food court. Coronado has the gym, great pool area, better dining choices (our view) & rooms have all been recently refurbished.

They’re both great in their own right so whatever you pick I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
Old 22 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
TBH its about size with these two.
CSR is really near all the parks and is larger, so you get better restaurant (Sit down and waiter service) and quiet pools. Only 4 bus stops so not a massive resort to get around. Very pictuesque as well. Beautiful lake to walk around. Great main pool as well.
POFQ is small, has one bus stop for all rooms, one pool. You can use all of Riverside though, including their pools. Boat to DS is really lovely as well.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Shellie
Helping Mickey

I’m currently looking at these too. We’ve stayed at POFQ. The only reason I’m trying to look elsewhere is because we want to try a different resort but POFQ was really good for us. We had a room closest to the bus stop and was as close as we could be to refil our drinks etc
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter March 2017Dibb Villa April 2017 Disney’s Sequoia Lodge February 2018 Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside February 2020 Dibb Villa February 2020 Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch April 2023
Shellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

I'm thinking the same, really not sure which to pick. I like the look of the rooms at CSR, but I also like being able to get to DS for the great dining options.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

We did POFQ in 2018, and are planning on going for a preferred location room at CSR next year. I will miss the boat to Springs tho!
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

CSR is my personal fav as explained in another thread to Shellie, as it is more an adults hotel, very little Disney theme for children. So with children I think POFQ would probably suit you better if only for the fact you have the boat to Disney Springs which is lovely and access to POR too just a walk away.