Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Apr 19, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida2020
I have Ears

Mobile Security on Villa Booking.

Although this will be our third Disney vacation, the previous two being DIY which I would like this one to be (I've seen a villa on here I am very interested in) I have inquired at travel agents. Their costs are so much higher, but they have put doubts in my head regarding security on booking a private villa. Can anyone tell me how to make sure I don't get scammed?
Florida2020 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

First of all if it’s on here it’s been checked out by he mods before we are allowed to advertise in so much that we are the legitimate ownes
Some owners show there lincence number in their add other will be happy to give you it you can also check us all out on the county tax
Register
Many of us have dibb reviews too but if someone doesn’t don’t let that put you off if it’s the villa you really think is perfect for you
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Grandee
VIP Dibber

Speak to the villa owners before you book; book via a reputable site and check out the site for the villa; don't pay by bank transfer unless you are 100% confident that it is a genuine booking; and remember that the travel agent is going to do everything they can to get your booking. In the years that I have been renting villas in Florida (in fact the amount I've spent I could probably have bought one! ) I have only once been disappointed. That was when the toerag I rented from disappeared from view, taking my security deposit with him. And he was a copper!
Grandee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
The Dibb is probably unique among places to find your perfect villa because of the open forums, allowing both renters and owners to talk freely about our shared love of all things to do with Florida. You can see exactly which owners post regularly to help on a variety of topics, offering help wherever possible.

You can find reviews on any villa you are interested in either from a link posted by the owner in their signature, such as in ours below, or by going to the villa advert and clicking the review button in the top right corner. All reviews are guaranteed to be genuine and you are free to contact any previous guest through the PM system to verify if you wish.

In addition, at the top of the 'Accommodation' forum is a 'sticky' giving details of how to check out an owner via the tax/property sites. But above all, talk to the owner and ask any questions you have and trust your instincts.

Happy villa hunting!

Debra