Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Apr 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Will We Actually Get There 2019 - Day 1 - Pre Travel Day

Well I was still at work today but DH had the day off and DD had already been on Easter holidays for a week by this point.

First job of the day was to put the final sticker on what had been a VERY long countdown!

Mum, and my auntie and uncle loaded half of the cases into mum's car and set off for the hotel just after lunchtime.

DH loaded the rest into my car and picking his brother up on the way came to pick me up from work (he dropped me off in the morning).

I had a revision class to do with my Y11's after work, which I took wearing my Minnie ears, so wasn't done until 4pm.

By the time we hit the M62 it was 5pm, it was busy but not too bad and we arrived at the hotel, Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport, at about 6.45pm. To find mum and the others already in the bar, apparently they had wanted to "save us a table" .

After dumping the cases in the room we headed down to the bar for some food, I had the fish finger sandwich, think everyone else had a burger of some sort. Food was OK but pricey for what it was, as you'd expect in a hotel.

We then headed to the rooms for a fairly early night around 8pm. To cut the number of rooms we needed I was sharing a family room with mum and DD, DH was sharing with his brother.

Took ages for DD to settle off to sleep, and I can safely say I will not be in a rush to share a bed with her again, was like sharing with an octopus.

The rooms in the hotel were nice, our family room was huge, my only complaint was that the TV was so small and so far away from the bed's it was impossible to watch in bed.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great start

Joan
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a good start to your trip :-)
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Great start looking forward to the rest. We are looking at booking crowne as well did you leave your car there?
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Yes we left the car there. they do move it off site but fetch it back for your return. The only thing I will say is that the car's were filthy on the outside when we returned.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great start looking forward to the rest of the report 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

They really are little octopuses. I love that you wore your ears to class.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forwards to reading more of your report.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List