Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I'm Gorleston born and bred too tho I now live 3 miles up the road. Echo what others have said about travel time to anywhere else it's 2 hours to make a start😆 I can't think of anywhere I'd rather live to be fair. Apologies for those that like it but I avoid Yarmouth like the plague these days there's not many shops to tempt me. Much prefer a trip to Norwich. There's so many beautiful villages to explore. House prices vary and the further to North Norfolk you go less house bigger price tag. Thinking about the weather my sister moved to Derbyshire in her teens and she always says the wind is biting and damp here compared to freezing and lots of snow her way. Ask the locals about areas that are likely to flood or suffer coastal erosion if your looking at property too.

Edited at 11:23 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
What about the Suffolk coast, somewhere not so far from the main commuter towns & roads ?

Or north Essex has some nice coastline (I don’t mean Clacton or Southend &#128561.
Not sure the Suffolk coast is much better for access to places. Especially on public transport where the trains are infrequent, uncomfortable and unreliable. Road travel is dual carriageways at best and you are still travelling an hour to get to a motorway.

But if you are willing to accept that then it is a beautiful place.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I live near Cromer, so right on the coast, I can walk out of my drive and be on the beach or in the woods in minutes. I live in a little village that doesn’t even have a shop, I stand in my garden and overlook the church and fields , the view is breathtaking ( we’re detached).

No colder than anywhere else, apart from a breeze as we’re near to the coast. Transport wise we live near a little town that has train and bus facilities, I drive so no problem to get to the city, which is about 35 minutes away, close enough to get to, but far enough away , to be in the co7ntry with all the wildlife and peace and quiet.

I’m was born and bred here, hated it growing up, but now ouldnt live anywhere else.

Yes it gets busy in the summer just like most places, but as a local you learn to go where the tourists don’t

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by roxie2001 View Post
I live in Gorleston. It’s probably less touristy but does have a lovely beach. We do have a sea breeze but in the summer you can easily find sun traps. We never really have snow like other parts of the country, I thought this winter was fairly mild.
The coast is beautiful and places like Southwold and Warberswick are so pretty and great for crabbing and just pottering about.
Downsides are as other posters have mentioned, it’s a 2 hour journey before you even get to a motorway, it is better now the Thetford road has been made into a duel carriageway but it still a trek to get out of Norfolk.
It is busy in the summer, traffic is a nightmare but plans are in place for a third river crossing in the future which would help. I just cycle into town, it’s so much quicker.
Public transport is hit and miss, the train often has works on a Sunday so it’s a bus replacement. My sister travels to Reading every 3 weeks and is delayed quite a bit.
Buses to villages are mostly every hour and finish early so if you don’t drive you could be stuck.
If you don’t want a seasonal place there are lots of other lovely villages to look at, also the coast is caving in. This year people have lost their houses in Hemsby.
Howdy neighbour! I'm in Gorleston too. 😁
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
Howdy neighbour! I'm in Gorleston too. 😁

Great weather here this weekend.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
I live near Cromer, so right on the coast, I can walk out of my drive and be on the beach or in the woods in minutes. I live in a little village that doesn’t even have a shop, I stand in my garden and overlook the church and fields , the view is breathtaking ( we’re detached).

No colder than anywhere else, apart from a breeze as we’re near to the coast. Transport wise we live near a little town that has train and bus facilities, I drive so no problem to get to the city, which is about 35 minutes away, close enough to get to, but far enough away , to be in the co7ntry with all the wildlife and peace and quiet.

I’m was born and bred here, hated it growing up, but now ouldnt live anywhere else.

Yes it gets busy in the summer just like most places, but as a local you learn to go where the tourists don’t

Jules
We love Cromer when we visit... love the Victorian Tea Room that has wonderful breakfasts and the dogs are always welcome. Love the seafront and all the hills. Didn't see the goats on the hillside though this time. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List