Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Apr 19, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Thank you for your reply, it’s actually a house they are renting, but yes I understand what you mean.

She’s not trying to shirk her responsibilities, but some of the behaviour is life threatening to her (I’m not exaggerating), so I was hoping we could meet with the landlord and come to a comprise over the rent owing for the rest of the tenancy period.

Obviously he doesn’t have to agree to this, but a little communication with her should surely be expected even if it’s to say nothing can be done.
I understand your position, I wouldn't want mine going through this.

What I really meant was this is a police job to sort out the dangerous person she is living with not the landlord.

Hopefully the landlord will be sympathetic - but they might well see it as if I let her leave who will fill the spare room whilst the crazy still loves here?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I understand your position, I wouldn't want mine going through this.

What I really meant was this is a police job to sort out the dangerous person she is living with not the landlord.

Hopefully the landlord will be sympathetic - but they might well see it as if I let her leave who will fill the spare room whilst the crazy still loves here?
Yes that was our original hope, that the landlord may choose to end their tenancy early and evict them because of the behaviour of the other tenant.

There is some illegal behaviour going on regarding hard drugs but I’m not sure the police would be interested in a few girls indulging before a night out (the other tenant and her friends).

There are a lot of other awful behaviours as well, but the other girl has brought a hamster into the house which is against the tenancy agreement, and continually leaves nuts all other place, both of which my DD is deathly allergic to.

These might seem like trivial matters for leaving, but shes risking her life living there as she never knows what the nuts have touched so what is safe for her.

Obviously the nuts is not an issue for the landlord, and that’s not what we trying to speak to him about, but all the other behaviours combined, it’s just that the nuts and hamster issue are putting my daughter life at risk while she lives there so that why she has had to leave.

Edited at 08:27 AM.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I would advise seeing Shelter as before, but I think you are really only likely to get anywhere if the landlord is on your side. I would contact the landlord in writing/email and keep a copy explaining the situation (emphasising the pet and drugs as these would be breaking tenancy agreements) and hope he is interested in evicting the other tenant. I tend to feel that he may not though as eviction is a long process for a landlord especially if the tenant is difficult. Therefore Shelter may know how to help you with the financial side of getting out of the tenancy agreement.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you for your advice DisneyDaffodil, I feel that as long as the landlord is getting the rent paid every month he doesn’t seem to care what else is going on.

I will contact Shelter for advice
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Sorry about your daughters situation. I haven't got advice n the exact situation. But with the behaviour going on I would take video an photographic evidence of the house so that your the landlord doesn't get blame for any damage caused to the property now your daughter has left.
Surely there is some criminal responsibility regarding the nuts that the girl is leaving around. If a take away place is asked if there are nuts and they supply a meal with nuts that causes harm or worse then they get taken to court.
I presume the girl and landlord was aware of her allergy. As a landlord he has to maintain a safe property (I am not sure where you would stand legally with that one) However the girl has the intent to cause grievous bodily harm if she is deliberately consuming and leaving nuts in communal areas?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Sorry about your daughters situation. I haven't got advice n the exact situation. But with the behaviour going on I would take video an photographic evidence of the house so that your the landlord doesn't get blame for any damage caused to the property now your daughter has left.
Surely there is some criminal responsibility regarding the nuts that the girl is leaving around. If a take away place is asked if there are nuts and they supply a meal with nuts that causes harm or worse then they get taken to court.
I presume the girl and landlord was aware of her allergy. As a landlord he has to maintain a safe property (I am not sure where you would stand legally with that one) However the girl has the intent to cause grievous bodily harm if she is deliberately consuming and leaving nuts in communal areas?
Thank you for your reply.

Yes the other girl was aware of the nut allergy issue, I’m not sure if the landlord was before they moved in, but when my DD spoke to him on the phone she did mention about the nuts, and the hamster. I’m not sure if he has any responsibilities regarding a safe environment, but that’s something I will be taking advice on.

We have taken lots of photographs of how we left her bedroom and bathroom, and also of the living room, kitchen, hallway, garden etc so we can show how they were when she left, although I think if there’s damages done after she left she’s probably still liable for them unfortunately.

This is partly the reason I’m trying to get her out of the tenancy agreement now, even if it means paying the rest of the rent now for her to be released, so she’s not held responsible for any damage that may happen, and also to allow her to take on another tenancy agreement elsewhere, as a sole occupant!