Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Apr 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Arrow The Magnificent Seven - Pre-Travel Day

Hello and welcome to my latest trip report, or should I say annual trip report? Bored of me yet? You should be

Just a quick recap if you didn't catch the PTR (link here). Chris (hubby), Jake (step son) and myself (Rachael) flew out on 6th April.

Bob (my Dad), Emma (my sister), Paul (my brother in law) and Abigail (my niece) joined us on 12th April.

We all flew with British Airways on the EDI - LGW - MCO route.

Chris, Jake and I stayed at Bahama Bay for the first 2 nights until our nice big villa in Legacy Park was available.

Ok, that's enough. On with the show...

Thursday 5th April - Pre-Travel Day.

Wooohoo. It was here! I just had one morning of work to get through and we'd be on our way! This trip had come around soooooo quickly and I couldn't quite believe the day had come already!

Work was horrible that morning, not gonna lie. I work as a Legal Secretary and it was like all of my Partners / Fee Earners had only just realised I was going to be gone for two weeks and were chucking lots of work at me in a mad panic! It's not like I hadn't talked about it heaps and been giving them a daily countdown! Haha! Anyway, I got finished at 12 and was out the door like a shot. SEE YA!

On the drive home I got stuck behind every lorry, bus, tractor in the whole of Aberdeenshire! Grrrr! I finally got home at 12.45, did a quick double and triple check that i'd packed everything and Chris did the usual of going round the entire house and unplugging everything in case all our appliances decided to randomly burst in to flames while we were gone!

We left the house at 1.05pm and nipped down to see Chris's mum to say cheerio and then headed off to pick up Jake. He had been texting us from his iPad and was VERY excited!

We got to his Jake's Mum's at 2.10 and chatted for a while before hitting the road. We stopped for some snacks at the local co-op and were on the way to Edinburgh by 2.45!

It was a lovely day and the North Sea was looking particularly blue for a change!

At one point Jake saw a sign for the M90 and said "oh we only have 90 miles to go! Look! It says M90 which must mean miles 90" Bless!

We got stuck in some traffic in Dundee which was painful! Not helped by Jake constantly asking if we were nearly there! Lol! I was also now desperate for a pee, but said I could hold it a while longer so we didn't have to stop in Dundee. Bad move! By the time we stopped at Kinross Services at 4.20pm I was about ready to burst! Man, the Kinross services are looking grim. Time to knock them down and start again I reckon! Total hole!

Chris grabbed a coffee in the shop and I popped a Peaky Blinders style cap on Jake and he pipes up with "Don't, I look like someone from the 90s" Ehhhhh cheers buddy, I now feel about 100 years old!

We were back on the road at 4.30pm and noticed there was a lot of snow on the hills from the blizzards at the start of the week! We were very much looking forward to some heat, it had been a long ass winter!

We were soon heading over the Queensferry Crossing. I do like this new bridge! As bridges go, it's a nice one! Haha!

Getting closer to the airport!

We arrived at the Edinburgh Marriot at 5pm. We have stayed here before and really like it. I checked us in and then paid for the parking for our stay which was a bargain price of £20! I also booked a taxi for 4.15am the next morning.

We had a nice big family room with a double sofa bed for Jake.

We went down to the bar to get some grub. We ordered some hummus and pitta to share as a starter and then a chicken burger for Jake, lamb pitta for Chris and a chicken mayo sandwich for me. All was fine, nothing amazing. Didn't note the price!

I had a Rosé wine, Chris had a beer and Jake had a juice! CHEERS! Not sure why my wine isn't in that photo, I am sure I had one...

After that I went up to the room to wash and dry my hair to save me a job in the morning, leaving the boys in the bar. I also FaceTimed Emma to say cheerio! Abi was very cute giving me lots of kisses! Emma sent me this afterwards! I have spared Abi's blushes by magically inserting a beach ball over her butt

I also discovered the TV in the room had the YouTube app, so I watched Tim Tracker's latest blog!

The boys soon returned and shattered my peace though, so I had to turn it off. Tsk I dried my hair, made Chris & I a cuppa and we all tucked ourselves into bed and watched You've Been Framed for a bit. Am I the only one that doesn't find car crashes funny by the way?

I think we were all sound asleep by 9pm! Very surprising for me to be able to sleep on the night before a Floriday, but I think my week at work had worn me out!

Almost time! Eeeeeeeeeep!

Travel day is here

Edited at 07:32 AM.
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
R3D4
Getting Excited

Mobile

Know what you mean about Kinross services! Used to always go in for a Costa but would avoid the toilets, you could smell them from the entrance 😂
R3D4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Looking forward to your report 😁

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Yay, I can’t believe you got this up so quickly!

Jake’s WhatsApp’s to you are so cute! And well done Chris on unplugging everything. I approve.

Must have been such a relief to get to the hotel. And what a bargain for the parking.

Can’t wait to read your travel day, especially as we are flying that BA route for the first time this year.

#chopchop

#shouldahadapeeindundee
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Some lovely scenery on your drive to the airport.
Looking forward to reading
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lillie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Reading along and looking forward to the rest of your trippie
Old 23 Apr 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Brilliant, been looking forward to this 😀

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
florida mad
Apprentice Imagineer

florida mad's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great start to your trip report, been looking forward to them
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by R3D4 View Post
Know what you mean about Kinross services! Used to always go in for a Costa but would avoid the toilets, you could smell them from the entrance 😂
The toilets are soooo stinky! xx

Originally Posted by spenners View Post
Looking forward to your report 😁
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Yay, I can’t believe you got this up so quickly!

Jake’s WhatsApp’s to you are so cute! And well done Chris on unplugging everything. I approve.

Must have been such a relief to get to the hotel. And what a bargain for the parking.

Can’t wait to read your travel day, especially as we are flying that BA route for the first time this year.

#chopchop

#shouldahadapeeindundee
Ha, this is the easiest instalment! Piece of cake

I knew you'd approve of the electrical shut down! HAHA!

I'm going to regret #chopchopping you so much

xxx

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Some lovely scenery on your drive to the airport.
Looking forward to reading
Thank you xx

Originally Posted by Lillie View Post
Reading along and looking forward to the rest of your trippie
Thanks v much xx

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Brilliant, been looking forward to this 😀
Thanks, I'm excited to relive it! xx

Originally Posted by Orlandoguy View Post
nice pre trip report,we’re doing the same route Edin gatwick mco on Sunday we also live in the Aberdeen area, looking forward to reading more of your trip
Oh i'm jealous, have a great time! xx

Originally Posted by Perladal View Post
Yay, looking forward to reading along!
Thanks xx

Originally Posted by florida mad View Post
Great start to your trip report, been looking forward to them
Thank you! xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

Yay you started. Looking forward to this. Love pre travel day. So much excitement xx
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List