Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 20 Feb 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
VanderHai
Looking for my Ears

Crazy or Doable

Hi Family of four, first timers going Oct/Nov 2020 kids aged 10 and 13 so will be less into disney and not fussed on Harry potter. Do you think this would be a good setup for the days.

Day 1 Wednesday - Land and check into villa
Day 2 - Hollywood Studios
Day 3 - Epcot
Day 4 - Discovery Cove
Day 5 - Animal Kingdom
Day 6 - Typhoon Lagoon
Day 7 - Seaworld
Day 8 - Universal Studios
Day 9 - Magic Kingdom
Day 10 - Hollywood Studios
Day 11 - Kennedy Space Centre
Day 12 - Rest
Day 13 - Volcano Bay
Day 14 - Island of Adventure
Day 15 - Universal and Island of Adventure
Day 16 - ?
Day 17-Check out and catch flight at 7pm

Thank you in advance for your comments
VanderHai is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow- you are fitting a lot in. I love how much you are doing.
I see water park days and discovery cove as rest days so I would spread them out every few days or so.
I'd want more time in MK and AK. I can easily spend 2 days in Hollywood studios but it wouldn't be the park I'd give first priority to a second day. Id move my water parks around a little.
I might try and get to a Disney park in the evening after TL- ? HS. I'd definitely have a second MK on your last ful day. I might change a HS day to AK.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally too busy but only you know your family- Is everyone happy to walk 10 miles a day "rinse & repeat" ? Also no fallback for inclement weather. We work a 2 on 1 off & even then sometimes the 1 off is a "proper" off.
Are you also sure that you want to fit that much in ? You are paying a lot of money for basically 2 SW days.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Everyone will have different opinions about it personally I wouldn't financially want to pay out for all those tickets for one holiday. I will do 20 days in Disney parks and people may think that is to much or too busy but I would rather have a more relaxed trying not to fit things in and worried I won't get things done in a day I will get my 3 fast passes and not expect anything above them if I get on anymore rides it will be a bonus.

Everyone's holiday is personal to them and if you are happy with your plans then follow them. I'm not sure you are getting value for money if your kids aren't that bothered about Disney or Universal as these are very expensive tickets to buy.

I also agree spread your water park days out as I would consider these as rest days.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The big question when providing an answer to this.. How do your family rate Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and similar? If you are into thrill rides as opposed to heavily themed attractions, then it may change how you view the parks that you have listed and how long you may dedicate to them. You may well have researched heavily already, but here is my rough overview.

Disney does not do many/any extreme rides. Imho it is more about great theming and providing an 'immersive' experience. Other than the Harry P areas at Universal, I don't think that anybody does it better. People talk about the 'Disney Bubble' with good reason if that is what you are in to.

Universal does great thrill rides, some awesome virtual rides and is generally we find more 'grown up' in the theming and subjects. We prefer it to Disney, especially now they have a waterpark.

Seaworld franchise has plenty of animal interactions and 3 great Coasters at SW, 6 or so Coasters and plenty of Animals at BG and the very best day of our vacation at Discovery Cove. To upgrade from a normal DC ticket to an ultimate does not cost much more and with the ages of your boys, may be a very good idea.

If you haven't already, I would suggest that you look very long and hard at all of the park maps and work out your 'must do's', might do's and probably won't bother attractions between the 4 of you. There will be plenty of UTube footage available to assist with these decisions. At the end of the day you are looking at investing a large amount of money and would be foolish not to thoroughly research.

We are shortly visiting the US for the 10th time and have never yet wanted a 'rest day'. We do very little shopping either. It really is down to family dynamics and many swear by them. We have ours when we get home!

Your plan.
I like it and believe that it covers most of the bases. I would scrub day 12 and insert BG. As I said, we don't do rest days.
A good tip (from many) is to get in a visit to each of the major parks as early as you possible can. A Disney ultimate with Parkhop and a Universal 3 park 14 are, I believe important on a first trip as it enables you to flit between parks. We sometimes visit 3 in a day!
Once you have done this, you will have done some, seen others you want to do and doubtless, written off others. In the later stages of the vacation, particularly later in the evenings, you can revisit and mop up.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

It is a lot, but as others have said assume Discovery cove and Typhoon lagoon are effectively rest days as typhoon lagoon will be a later start and discovery cove is a shorter day it's doable.
What I would do is move Typhoon Lagoon down a couple of days, many people say they hit a 'wall' at 3 full theme park days in a row so try to avoid that.
Have you checked these days against the busy day guide/crowd calendars? You want to be selecting your park based on that. It's not an exact science but it does seem to work.
Old 21 Feb 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
disney73
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Went for the first time in 2017 for 17 days my son was 12 and we pretty much done the same as you and even managed a day at the baseball, having flown in to Tampa. Yes it was tiring a lot of walking but we are all quite active so this helped, but the heat does zap your energy, and we was very lucky with the weather and that helped a lot hardly any rain, so didn't have to change our plans too much.
We stayed onsite but spent one night at Hard Rock hotel for the fast pass and this made a big diffrence.
We did change plans a few times, left parks early or cancelled early morning starts and went to the hotel pool if any of us didn't feel up to it.
Discovery Cove and the water parks were used to recharge, and being on the quick service dining helped, we just ate when we were hungry and didn't have to worry about eating out.
Did we do too much probably, would we have done things differently if we knew what we no now maybe, but there was no regrets, I think when you go first time you just can't hep it.
And we have some great memories, photos and videos.
So much so we going back this year and will probably do too much again
As long as you stay flexible and rest when your tired you will be fine
disney73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List