Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We watched a Viking river cruise presentation at a cruise show.

I was very impressed! The whole thing looked amazing.

I think if you can go early or later in the season the prices are very reasonable - and quite often there are offers.

I sign up for all the emails, follow in FB etc then you can see when all the offers come up.

A danube river cruise is on our "to do" list the scenery looks amazing!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

The Danube one is the one I like the look of? 😁
Old 25 Feb 19, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

well, we thought about this last year for this year but decided I wasn't quite ready for river cruising after so many sea cruises but this morning we have just booked our first river cruise!
It's September 2020 but takes in 8 countries, just hope we don't regret it!

amadeus-rivercruises...elta-2020.html
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I’ve done 3 Viking river cruises - Danube, Rhine and a Bordeaux wine cruise; I adored the Danube cruise, enjoyed the Rhine but the Bordeaux one was my least favourite - just not a good choice for me as I don’t care for any alcohol; but still an interesting trip.

On Viking at least, it’s always communal dining, so it helps to be reasonably sociable, but my experience is that everyone was friendly. Nighttime entertainment is very low key to non-existent. The cruises are not cheap but virtually everything is included such as transportation, excursions and wine with meals. The food was terrific too. A PP mentioned Riviera Travel and they came out well in this month’s Travel Which? Magazine. Their recommended providers were Avalon, Scenic Tours, AMA Waterways, Riviera and Viking. The ‘avoid’ company was Shearings, although it was quite cheap.

It can be disappointing to be moored by a nice town only to find that you have been ‘double-berthed’ and are looking into someone else’s cabin but it is nice to have a balcony when travelling through lovely countryside in good weather.

It’s a lovely way to travel but some people find it just too quiet in comparison with ocean cruising. I just find it very different but equally enjoyable.