Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Apr 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

Booked with Thomas Cook Airlines

Second time in WDW next year, decided to go DIY again this time. Been getting spooked by the whole Norwegian Air financial warning thing, I’ve decided to take the plunge and have booked flights early with Thomas Cook.
We’re flying May 2020- economy out and Premium back. Saved roughly £500 on similar flights we had with Norwegian back in 2017.
Anyone got any experience with TC? Good/ bad/ indifferent? Seemed too good a deal to miss.
Now for the panic of making sure I get the dates I need on Thursday!
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by A Cheshire Cat View Post
Second time in WDW next year, decided to go DIY again this time. Been getting spooked by the whole Norwegian Air financial warning thing, I’ve decided to take the plunge and have booked flights early with Thomas Cook.
We’re flying May 2020- economy out and Premium back. Saved roughly £500 on similar flights we had with Norwegian back in 2017.
Anyone got any experience with TC? Good/ bad/ indifferent? Seemed too good a deal to miss.
Now for the panic of making sure I get the dates I need on Thursday!
As with all questions about airlines you will get mixed replies as everyone has had a good or bad experience with one airline or another.

For my tuppence worth we’ve flown TC for 3 out of our 4 Florida holidays and have booked them again for this year. We’ve had no problems, comfy enough. Yes you pay extra for upgraded IFE and you buy all alcoholic drinks services. But for the difference in the price of the flight it’s a no brainier for me.

There will always be those that pay the extra for virgin etc with all the extras - different strokes and all that.

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have never flown with TC but I agree with ScottishNellie above.

They have a much better way of handling customer complaints than Tui and that speaks a lot to me. As an aside for a late booking they have some awesome deals. May avail ourslves of one of them next year!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
As with all questions about airlines you will get mixed replies as everyone has had a good or bad experience with one airline or another.

For my tuppence worth we’ve flown TC for 3 out of our 4 Florida holidays and have booked them again for this year. We’ve had no problems, comfy enough. Yes you pay extra for upgraded IFE and you buy all alcoholic drinks services. But for the difference in the price of the flight it’s a no brainier for me.

There will always be those that pay the extra for virgin etc with all the extras - different strokes and all that.
So what is the deal with IFE? Obviously the kids will need that!
We’re not massive drinkers so the alcohol charges won’t bother us at all.
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

So what is the deal with IFE? Obviously the kids will need that!
We’re not massive drinkers so the alcohol charges won’t bother us at all.
You get basic tv channels about 4 films free. If you want to access the other tv channels and about 30 other films you pay £5 for each person who wants access. They print you an access code to type into your screen. We just pay it each year. Worth it for the good films.

Helen xx

trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
You get basic tv channels about 4 films free. If you want to access the other tv channels and about 30 other films you pay £5 for each person who wants access. They print you an access code to type into your screen. We just pay it each year. Worth it for the good films.
Seems reasonable- thanks for your reply!
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
Mobile

Seems reasonable- thanks for your reply!
No problem. Anything else just give me a shout 😃

My trip reports in my signature have the travel days with some detail about our flights. But not sack the kitchen trip - that was the year we flew thomson.

Helen xx

trip report list by year
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
A Cheshire Cat
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I have never flown with TC but I agree with ScottishNellie above.

They have a much better way of handling customer complaints than Tui and that speaks a lot to me. As an aside for a late booking they have some awesome deals. May avail ourslves of one of them next year!
Good customer service is always appreciated. I was surprised at the price of the flights. Surprised and happy! £500 under what I was expecting, and therefore £500 of my £950 DDP upgrade paid for!
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jakesmum
Excited about Disney

We flew Thomas Cook for our first WDW holiday in 2017 and have booked again for this year. Couldn't fault them, Food was typical plane food (I've never found one I liked yet), films were good, flight attendants were friendly and helpful, good leg room in seats, im 6ft tall and had space.
We did economy there and back last time and the only downside was that Irma was about to hit so our plane was ram packed making sleep an impossibility, this time we have booked PE for the way back for the hope of a little more room (and flying earlier in the hope of no massive hurricane baring down on us lol).
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

We did Thomas Cook to LA last year. Found them to be no frills but ok. We are considering them for Orlando next April because we can get economy out and premium return for over £100 less than Virgin economy both ways. Only downside are the flight times are about 2 hours later, but small price to pay, I reckon.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List