Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Apr 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by clochette View Post
Sounds like a good day. Good for your DS for you g back on the Mummy. I couldn't get DD to even try it when we went (but she was only 8 at the time).
I know. He went on it in 2017 once and hs never mustered up the courage again. I was pretty shocked when he was the one asking to do it.

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm glad your DS managed to enjoy the mummy it's my favourite non HP ride at universal. I can't believe how quiet it is too. Still handy to have the express passes and be able to go back for a swim before heading out in the evening. I've not seen the night time shows at universal so I really need to make sure we do that this summer.
The express pass was still worthwhile, it changes the pace of your holiday and takeds away the need for any planning which is nice.

He is loving the Mummy now, we've even rewatched the first 2 films.

The show is brilliant, really well done, not quite HEA but great to watch.
Old 24 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Parks look very quiet. Good info you can keep bum bag on.
dixonsontour is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ShezMcQ
Excited about Disney

ShezMcQ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Sounds a great day!

Thanks for the info on the lobby refurb. We're staying at RPR in October which is just before it finishes but good to know its not major.

Also great tip re the bumbag. I have the same Kipling bag so will defo utilise the waist strap rather than faff with a locker. I didn't know that was an option before now.
Polynesian Resort/HRH/The Grove - Nov18
RPR/Floridays/Hollywood Beach - Oct19
ShezMcQ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Parks look very quiet. Good info you can keep bum bag on.
I'd never be seen dead with a bum bag at home but I'm firmly converted for Universal now.

Originally Posted by ShezMcQ View Post
Sounds a great day!

Thanks for the info on the lobby refurb. We're staying at RPR in October which is just before it finishes but good to know its not major.

Also great tip re the bumbag. I have the same Kipling bag so will defo utilise the waist strap rather than faff with a locker. I didn't know that was an option before now.
They said its a small bit at a time, honestly if its anything like what we saw you will be lucky if you ev en notice it.

I think it was the Universal annual passholder page I read it on. I'd never used my Kipling like that before but it was great.
Old 27 Apr 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a fab first park day, you guys seemed full of energy, your 'easy' first day definitely must have helped!

You guys look awesome in your HP tops!

I love that Resting Grinch Face top!

Love your room at RPR, it’s so homely. Much nicer than the highly sanitised recently Disney refurbs.

That really is a ‘little’ smoothie sample, I’m not sure that’s even enough to taste it!

Well done to DS for braving The Mummy, I find it so intense.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
What a fab first park day, you guys seemed full of energy, your 'easy' first day definitely must have helped!

You guys look awesome in your HP tops!

I love that Resting Grinch Face top!

Love your room at RPR, it’s so homely. Much nicer than the highly sanitised recently Disney refurbs.

That really is a ‘little’ smoothie sample, I’m not sure that’s even enough to taste it!

Well done to DS for braving The Mummy, I find it so intense.
We were raring to go after having had a nice quiet day. I think this is the way that suits us best an easy day or so to settle in, I know we went for it at Christmas but I do think this is my favourite way to start the holiday, we are offsite 3 nights in Summer before moving to Universal.

Thanks I love a wee themed t-shirt, it's a bit of an addiction

Teeny tiny samples of smoothies indeed.

The Mummy is pretty intense, I really don't like the fire room and ds still closed his eyes everytime there was the beastie bit.

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Great day👍
Thanks, first park day is always great fun.
Old 26 May 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Great report - loved reading about all the Harry Potter stuff!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I can't believe how quiet it was, you hit on lucky there

We've never tried the resort boats, the views look lovely, so think it's something we need to consider.

Looks like you all had a great day. I bet it was lovely to watch DF seeing the HP stuff for the first time

The Leaky Cauldron food doesn't look too bad but I think it's as you say for the atmosphere xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Great report - loved reading about all the Harry Potter stuff!
Thanks

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I can't believe how quiet it was, you hit on lucky there

We've never tried the resort boats, the views look lovely, so think it's something we need to consider.

Looks like you all had a great day. I bet it was lovely to watch DF seeing the HP stuff for the first time

The Leaky Cauldron food doesn't look too bad but I think it's as you say for the atmosphere xx
We were fairly shocked as it was Easter holidays we were expecting the worst in terms of crowds.