Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Apr 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
michaelb136
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by michaelb136 View Post
It is doable, I did it a couple of years ago. I’d suggest getting an express pass and getting there early. Not sure if it’s still the case but Harry Potter rides weren’t included so we headed to Gringotts as soon as we got there, went on that twice, did the rest of studios and then went to islands. It was an intense day and we were exhausted but we got onto pretty much everything.

Really sorry! Just realised that wasn’t actually the case! We did Universal one day and then Islands the next. We stayed at RPR and had an early start both days! Don’t know why I remember it all happening in one day! So actually, you’re really going to struggle! It was two intense days doing one park per day with an express pass... this was mid August however so depending on time of year it might be a bit better!
michaelb136 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Charl_bb View Post
I know I'm going to miss a lot but it's a family holiday and I'm doing universal in my own hence only one day. Thanks for the advice, I will start at Studios then Hogwarts Express to IOA, try and get on some other rides single rider at IOA and maybe a few other bits at Studios if I'm lucky.
You've just said the magic words there : ON MY OWN.

That changes a lot as the main harry potter rides have single rider queues and these normally mean you are on the ride within 10 mins. 2 of the HP rides have this one in each park. My daughter always uses this as she can go on it twice within 20mins - She even uses this with early entry as its quicker!
Still go early in the morning (Be IN the park for rope drop - you can get in early and the hotel quests can only get into the other parts of IOA after rope drop and Universal rides do not open until time, but you can be at them for opening. You can get most rides within 10 mins unti 10.00 except minions.
King Kong also has single rider but you normally have to ask as it is not really signposted but if you ask...

To be honest as a single rider you don't need fast pass. Hulk, SPider Man, King Kong, HP all have them (i'm sure a few more do in IOA but they come to mind). In Universal, transformers, Simpsons and HP come to mind.

Edited at 12:50 AM.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 05:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

If your focus is Harry Potter you can easily do this in
a day using single rider.

There is a Harry Potter touring plan that I looked at but we aren’t that disciplined. However it included all the little side shows as well as the rides so it’s worth a look.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you so much everyone for your advice, you have really put my mind at ease. I will tell my husband I have to have the car unless he fancies driving me there super early in the morning, will get in early and start at Studios. Will definitely be taking note of all your plans and might actually get a bit more done than I initially thought!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

The only thing I didn't like with UP single rider is you miss out on seeing so much HP stuff thats in the normal line
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Charl_bb View Post
Thank you so much everyone for your advice, you have really put my mind at ease. I will tell my husband I have to have the car unless he fancies driving me there super early in the morning, will get in early and start at Studios. Will definitely be taking note of all your plans and might actually get a bit more done than I initially thought!
And you'll be happy to know Minnions now has single rider, as does Fast and furious (in addition to the virutal ride). Seems like they have just started it in Minnions. And they also seem to have made it fairer for normal rides on minions and now intergrate the fast pass people earlier in the queue, so its faster for non fast passers, which is good because the queueing system before just wasn't fair.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreamer91
Proud to wear my Ears

Definitely doable, probably an unpopular opinion but I actually think Universal is a one day place for me as I'm not overly keen on simulator rides.

I'd invest in the FOLP as Harry Potter areas do get rammed and if you're a big fan (like I am) then you won't want to miss anything, especially with only one day there.

The plus of doing two parks in one day is getting to ride the Hogwarts express between the two, something I am yet to do.

New account
Disneydreamer91 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List