Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Apr 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Re the Skyliner, I’ve read different info on different sites re testing.
I’ve heard that CMs will be testing the routes in April and also in August, so who knows.
Unless they are testing some gondolas with CM’s in April and doing testing on a bigger scale in August.
I’m sure it will be open before GE opens, but I was assuming it’d be open by end of July/beginning of August.
Seems to change day to day! I am following all the blogs about it and as you say there are all sorts of differing opinions. There are some that suggest they may open the HS-CBR section and AoA/Pop-CBR section before the Epcot line, though not sure they would do that. Both of those lines at this moment are running at full capacity and speed judging by what I have seen, whereas the Epcot side has not even begun to run any. However I will keep watching and see what happens.

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by teachx View Post
Seems to change day to day! I am following all the blogs about it and as you say there are all sorts of differing opinions. There are some that suggest they may open the HS-CBR section and AoA/Pop-CBR section before the Epcot line, though not sure they would do that. Both of those lines at this moment are running at full capacity and speed judging by what I have seen, whereas the Epcot side has not even begun to run any. However I will keep watching and see what happens.
It does - ha 😁
I thought that the AoA/CBR/HS line might open 1st too. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do.
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I have just 'registered my interest' with ATD for a 2020 booking (obviously all hangs on flights).
DH said it might be nice to try POR at which point I said oh the Gondolas will be open at CBR (I'm not keen on them at all I don't like heights but I just couldn't see myself at another resort
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I have just 'registered my interest' with ATD for a 2020 booking (obviously all hangs on flights).
DH said it might be nice to try POR at which point I said oh the Gondolas will be open at CBR (I'm not keen on them at all I don't like heights but I just couldn't see myself at another resort
Go on! You know it makes sense 👍😂
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We’re thinking we might put a deposit down for CBR for next year too.
I’m glad we switched this year but will see what we think of it all when we go in July and if we like it then it’ll be CBR for next year, if it’s not for us we’ll switch to another resort(again) ha.
I do think Barbados is a fab area to stay, we’ve stayed in Barbados 31 twice and loved how close it was to everything, especially the main pool.
Despite all my reservations about going to CBR this year, I think the main pool is the best of all mods and love the beaches, hammocks and laid back Caribbean vibe.

Hope you do get to go back next year 3disneykids, hope you find some good price flights too 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracey2019
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Placemarking so i can read later
Tracey2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Just been reading a couple of other sites and it seems the ground work around Jamaica is pretty much done now, so Jamaica is once again a good area to request for standard rooms 😊
Old 24 Apr 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
BruTamUK
Excited about Disney

Are there still Coco Cola freestyle machines at each of the islands since the construction work on Old Port Royal has finished, or do we need to walk to OPR to refill drinks?
BruTamUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BruTamUK View Post
Are there still Coco Cola freestyle machines at each of the islands since the construction work on Old Port Royal has finished, or do we need to walk to OPR to refill drinks?
Hi,
Yes all free style machines still there, so handy to have close by 😊
All the locations are on page 1 of the thread 😀
Old 25 Apr 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

It has given me lovely warm fuzzy feelings to find you all still in here, in the same thread that looked like a different thread but was really just hiding under a new name

Just wanted to update and let you know that I'm coming back! After sitting in a queue last night I got my booking made at 0145 this morning - I know the availability will probably improve for other room types but I didn't want to risk missing out so played right into Disney's hands and booked a water view. There you go Disney, thanks for having me

Then of course I was too flying to sleep so I'm at work on about 1 hour sleep!
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List