Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Definitely cancel. Building works is an absolute no from me!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Unless they told you about the building works when you booked you will be able to cancel
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Having just got back from Cyprus it would be a no brainer - Florida everytime! My husband is from Cyprus so albeit we stay in the North and I have no doubt the south is very different but after 7 days with 2 small kids I am literally pulling my hair out trying to find something to do! I would rebook for Florida if you get the chance... so sorry to all the Cyprus lovers out there its just not for me.
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I too would be looking at cancelling and getting a last minute deal to Florida. It’s not as difficult/scary as you might think doing it last minute.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m afraid I would cancel too. Easier than trying to sort things out. Just cancel, start again and book the same place with a different hotel or just go to Orlando like you wished you had. Good luck!
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. It niggled me not knowing so I had to check out your rights ref this building work.

ABTA say:-

If your holiday is booked and then your travel company finds out about building works at your hotel, and these works are considered extensive enough to seriously impair the enjoyment of your holiday, your travel company must notify you without delay, and offer you the opportunity to transfer to alternative accommodation.

Where the alternative constitutes a significant change to your booking, your travel company should offer you the option of cancelling without penalty, or transferring to an alternative holiday if available.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
terriandaaron
Very Serious Dibber

I had this last year with a hotel with building works , I couldn’t get them to budge despite numerous emails and calls with letting me cancel only let me transfer to another similar level hotel ie 4 ⭐️ same level etc , good luck .
terriandaaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kissimmee kate
slightly serious Dibber

After calling them this morning and being on the phone for the best part of an hour I had a partial success in that they suddenly managed to find 2 extra space seats together which they allocated to us in replacement for the extra legroom we had originally booked. The current reviews since the hotel reopened are fine and people are saying building work is not an issue so hit a brick wall over cance!ling. As.we cannot go anywhere for more than 10 days due to other commitments we have decided to give it a go but my camera will be primed and I won't hesitate to lodge complaints if there are any problems. Disappointed as it has taken the excitement away but stuck between a rock and a hard place
1995-Poinciana Blvd..1998- Lake Davenport..2000-Country Creek..2002 -Indian Creek..2003 -Calabay Park..October 06-Lake Davenport.. 2007 -Mission Park.2008 -Highlands Reserve.2009 - Silver Creek..2010- Southern Dunes..2014 Calabay Park..2016 Oak Island Harbor.. 2017 Highlands Reserve.. 2018 Oak Island Harbor
kissimmee kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kissimmee kate View Post
After calling them this morning and being on the phone for the best part of an hour I had a partial success in that they suddenly managed to find 2 extra space seats together which they allocated to us in replacement for the extra legroom we had originally booked. The current reviews since the hotel reopened are fine and people are saying building work is not an issue so hit a brick wall over cance!ling. As.we cannot go anywhere for more than 10 days due to other commitments we have decided to give it a go but my camera will be primed and I won't hesitate to lodge complaints if there are any problems. Disappointed as it has taken the excitement away but stuck between a rock and a hard place
erm... if the building work was not classed as impacting your holiday, they would not of emailed you to inform you.

By them emailing you, in my eyes thats enough for you to request a change of hotel or refund.

Though, i completely understand why you would not just want to cancel - worse case is to be moved within the hotel.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
erm... if the building work was not classed as impacting your holiday, they would not have emailed you to inform you.

This is what ABTA have on their website: -

abta/help-and-compla...e-taking-place

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List