Old 23 Apr 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
3 adults 2 kids one room Riverside ?

Thoughts please... we were going to book for POFQ for me DH and our DGD but now it looks like our other DD and her daughter might come too, so now not sure whether to book 2 rooms at POFQ or go for cheaper option of booking one room at POR ? We love POFQ but could save a fair bit by all going in one room, do you think we would be pushed for room and possibly kill each other after two weeks ? And what’s the pull down bed like ? The two kids will be aged 9 and 5 when we go

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Notte510
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We stayed in a room in POR with 2 queen beds and a pull down. Certainly your youngest will love the pull down. Sleep wise you’ll all fit, and yes, maybe 5 might be slightly cramped, and create queues for bathroom, but relatively speaking how much time are you going to spend in the room? !
Notte510 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SilvioDante
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Notte510 View Post
We stayed in a room in POR with 2 queen beds and a pull down. Certainly your youngest will love the pull down. Sleep wise you’ll all fit, and yes, maybe 5 might be slightly cramped, and create queues for bathroom, but relatively speaking how much time are you going to spend in the room? !
Second this. The pull down is very comfortable for a 5yo. You do have to be organised with suitcase and clothing management as there is not much hanging space other than the small rack in the corner. If you stay in Alligator Bayou you are never far from a pool area and restrooms (should the queue for the bathroom become too much or the kids need separating due to 'difference of opinion') It can be a challenge at times but the saving versus separate rooms make it more then worth it.
SilvioDante is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Thanks and is Aligator Bayou the best location for buses etc should I ask for a preferred room ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Mobile

Wouldn't be for me but each to his own and budget but I wouldn't like the lack of space or privacy

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

We stayed with 6 in POR (one being a baby) the others 5, 9 and 11. For the amount of time we spent in the room we didn't really notice the lack of space.

My husband did enjoy his space when we moved onto a villa later in the holiday though. I would do it again now 3 years on, although we def have to have 2 rooms now.
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
I think my concer is as you say lack of privacy but more the space we stayed in a twin queen at POFQ with the then 6 yr old last time around and that was fine just not sure about it which is why I’m asking for some insight really

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Old 23 Apr 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Whilst i am sure you’ll “Cope”. I personally am not into coping when I’m on an already expensive holiday plus, it’s not so much the sleeping arrangements but for me it’s the bathroom arrangements.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

My take on this is that I would sacrifice extra space for the sake of staying onsite and I wouldn't be able to spend in my case over £5000 on a second room. Even if I looked into the Villas it would cost £5000 more and just can't justify that. I have sen people moan abut the size of the rooms but we really didn't spend enough time in it to justify 2 and it worked well when we were there.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

The refurbished rooms in POR have space under the beds for suitcases which frees up quite a lot of floor space.
My concern would more be the adults being on top of each other. That really depends on your relationships though and I don't think anyone else can tell you what it will be like.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List