Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Apr 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Any Geocachers on here ?

We re off geocaching this afternoon.
Just wondered how many other Dibbers cache and what's the most fun/inventive cache you've found ?
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Only done a couple near to our house, one quite easy, the other we were trundling around the wood for an hour lol. Haven't done it for a while now, think kids have outgrown it. They enjoyed it at the time. It was free and got them out in the fresh air.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

When my DDs were younger, we used to do them most weekends - we found some great walks in the area we would never have known about, had we not done it. At the time we also had our caravan in Caernarfon, so our 300 caches are split between Merseyside and North Wales - though our furthest find was in Celebration, Florida!

Our best was a 4 part multi cache, which culminated in a birdbox in part 3, which contained a doorbell button, which, when pressed, made a birdsong nearby, which we had to follow to find the final one.

Now they are 20 & 17, the DDs aren't quite as interested in driving out on a Sunday morning to trudge across fields and woodland, however, they do talk about some of the great places we discovered - happy days.

As an aside, Ive just retired 2 of my own caches, which had finally had their day, but who knows, I may well devise another one, now you've made me reminisce!
Old 16 Apr 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

We geocache Mostly when away in our caravan but also locally. Try and find loops to do with the kids and we all enjoy it. We were out yesterday doing a trail of caches actually, lots of fun

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
jillyb
Imagineer

jillyb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are a family of geocachers.
We go out when we can doing it .
My grandson like finding the small boxes which have things in for swapping. We carry a swap box with us for this.
A free activity & gets you out in the fresh air .
We have done a few when we were in Orlando & Clearwater in 2015.
Will be in search of some more when back out there to year.
Have a fun day & happy hunting.
Old 16 Apr 17, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

Nice to find more dibbing cachers. 😊
We've done about 10 today. Love how it gets you exploring places you probably wouldn't go to otherwise.
Love the door bell one.
We recently found one which was a small locked coffin. There were four numbered skulls in an attached bag and you had to use the numbers to find the combination for the padlock.
Once we got the coffin open, it was full of plastic spiders and the log exploded out at you on a spring. Brilliant. 😊
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

this sounds like good fun. need to see if there are any caches around here.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

It's great fun and incredibly addictive 😊
Old 16 Apr 17, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jamthemackem
Excited about Disney

My wife and daughter do it and I've done a couple. We did a few around Kissimmee when we were last there
Jamthemackem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes I've done it off and on for about 6-7 years now. I've placed quite a few and have a couple that I'm really proud of in particular.

We found 2 today as a family. We don't really go places because they have a geocache we just tend to see if there's any within range when we are out and about.

That said my 2 youngest girls are 5 and 3 so are at a really good age now and really enjoy it so I think we may start doing it a bit more regularly again.

If I had more time I think I'd be out on my own doing it way more often! Had some great solo adventures on the moors and cliffs around Scarborough and Whitby in lashing rain and wind and also in red hot sun! It's a great hobby and I'd always encourage it to people who haven't tried it.
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List