Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 28 May 18, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Scream if you want to go Fatter! Deluxe DDP to Drive Thru Live!

Warning, this report contains images that some dieters may find distressing

If you have been affected by any of the memes, jokes, or gluttony raised in the pre-trip section of this thread you
may prefer to navigate directly to the restaurant reviews. These will be linked from the Menu section of this post.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scream if you want to go Fatter! Deluxe to Drive Thru -
FOOD PICS LIVE!

The Holiday

We're heading out in July for 3 nights in Orlando at the Hawthorn Suites/Lake Buena Vista. Then it's 10 nights at the Yacht Club with the Disney Deluxe Dining Plan aka the Triple D Plan and we finish up with 3 at the Hard Rock Hotel for Universal. We went for Yacht Club because of the amazing pool and because we love the walking distance to EPCOT, especially for evenings in the World Showcase (last time out we split between French Quarter and Beach Club). And DD is desperate to try the Hard Rock Hotel.

Last time we only made one very quick day at Universal on the first day of the holiday and it was too hectic with DW getting sick and everyone exhausted so we’ve booked in some shopping and chill time on arrival which explains the LBV nights. Last year’s summer holiday was staying with family to help pay for this so it feels well earned. We’re flying from Gatwick mid July with a pre-night at the Premier Inn. Orlando side we have hired a car to simplify the early rope drops and trips beyond EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (also buses don’t always agree with me) although we don’t intend to leave Orlando this time around.
3 Table Service Credits and 2 Snack Credits. Per person. Per day.

I'll describe places we eat and the food in some detail, what it tastes like and if we liked it. There will be the crucial food lust pictures, don’t worry, lots of those! Plus I’ll add a little bit about my family and the trip to fill in the gaps.

By the way, while I've booked a tonne of table service to take advantage of the 3 courses and the alcohol available on the deluxe we are not otherwise going to try to maximise dining plan value. Deluxe was one of DWs requirements, booked ultimately to avoid arguing about the price of lobster. I’m trying not to think about the tips bill at the end of Disney but it should be about what we’ll save from a drink each now included so...

The Cast

Me: 40 something chief planner, notorious scruff and theme park enthusiast. Joining the site briefly as Alladineed I switched to theCMG (Crazy Milk Guy) after amusing our server at T-Rex on our last trip by drinking pints of milk. Will eat and drink most things and try to order a variety of stuff then sample everyone else's

DW: lover of fine dining, seafood, steak and Italian. Fussy with food, always well dressed, cheats at mini-golf. Eats small quantities very frequently so deluxe is not ideal. Servers must never take her order from memory because she will change every element of a dish. Not as Disney-mad as me/DD and uses this to secure the exact holiday she wants. And she haggles like a Cairo taxi driver

DD: 12, she was 9 last time we went so has since moved up to Adult dining. Creative soul, roller coaster enthusiast, Harry Potter fan and emerging fashionista/teenage groot. Happily she’s starting to become adventurous with food. DD will taste most things but tends to order steak or Italian (and crispy duck). Hopefully she will enjoy most meals including signatures. Lots of desserts and snacks are a given. DD loves Disney and like me has looked forward to this holiday for ages
12 year olds know everything is better in a rainbow unicorn version

The Menu

Appetiser - Orlando

yes Dear, that's a medium

Main - Disney’s Yacht Club

Served family style? I thought that was for me.

DW is likely to hit Spice Road Table, Coral Reef and Tutto Italia solo for lunches on days when she’s taking a break from the parks. She’s more likely to shoot a video of the inside of her handbag than take a picture of food so anything from these is a bonus Plus there’s one morning when the girls are booked onto horse-riding at Fort Wilderness and I’ve booked a secret breakfast buffet at Trails End (shhh! )

In case we’re still hungry after the above (!) we have our eyes on snacks like the Brioche ice cream sandwich (EPCOT France), Salted Caramel Cupcake (Germany), American Dream slushie (USA), Caramel Pretzel (Tomorrowland), Butterbeer fudge and Voodoo Doughnut (Universal). Not to mention ice-creams from Ample Hills Creamery, Emack and Bolio and Florean Fortescue.

We may not get through all of this

There’ll be some cocktails too! Looking forward to beer and cocktails including flights at the new Baseline Taphouse and checking out bars like Abracadabar and Nomad lounge.

Hope you can join us for the trip

Edited at 11:05 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Cannot wait for this! Really enjoyed your last one 😀
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Yippee looking forward to reading along I hope you have got your elastic trousers that is an impressive list of restaurants 😀
Old 29 May 18, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Oh my word this is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see how you get on with all that food. Have a wonderful trip.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Talking

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Cannot wait for this! Really enjoyed your last one 😀
I knew someone had to have read the first one hope you enjoy this one even more

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Yippee looking forward to reading along I hope you have got your elastic trousers that is an impressive list of restaurants 😀
Fingers crossed I don't usually put more than a pound or two on during holidays because we tend to be very active there and while I don't order healthy I can usually stop myself on a course when there's more to come. That said we are on the classic pre-holiday diet (DW) and exercise plan (me and the dog).

My problem with Florida is coming back, put on half a stone after we returned last time before I stopped being hungry 24/7 so trying to lose it before I go this time

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh my word this is going to be amazing! I can't wait to see how you get on with all that food. Have a wonderful trip.
Aw thank you, well hopefully it's going to be amazing, no pressure We may need to hire a full sized fridge for our room to store all the leftovers and desserts to go. Think we'll need to be careful on the breads and carby sides to avoid Mr Creosoting. Can't wait to get out there now and lots of fun things lined up!
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 11:09 AM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill247
Excited about Disney

Can't wait for this! We are staying at Beach Club later this year and have a lot of the same ADRs so will be looking for your reviews. Have an amazing time!
Gill247 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Can't believe I've only just seen this!

It sounds absolutely epic!

Can't wait

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Can't wait for this! We are staying at Beach Club later this year and have a lot of the same ADRs so will be looking for your reviews. Have an amazing time!
Great, I'm probably not going to manage full live (too much food!) although it should start out live-ish. If there's any reviews you're particularly interested in that I haven't got round to by the time you leave just say closer to the time and they can always be sneak previewed

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Can't believe I've only just seen this!

It sounds absolutely epic!

Can't wait
Tell me about it, been waiting years for this Occasionally I look at the list of Disney ADRs and think WHAT HAVE YOU DONE but I keep telling myself it's only a TS lunch to cool down from the parks then a signature dinner most days.

Loved your last report. That sounds very Hollywood - loved you in Stick a Fork in Me I'm Done darling, just marvellous

Edited at 09:27 PM.
Old 30 May 18, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

following along!
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 18, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Just came across this and love it already especially the ADR list! Looks fantastic cannot wait for you to start eating!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List