Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 7 Jun 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich30
Getting Excited

Mobile What to do after wedding?

Hi, looking for some ideas if possible... Getting married at Disney Springs in September. Ceremony at 3pm on top deck of Paddlefish followed by hour of drinks and harp up there. Then inside at 430pm for meal. Expect to be finished at 7pm. We were then going to pay for everyone to go on the Ferrytale Dessert / firework cruise but this is closed from July - Oct for some reason 😭😭. Not all guests have Disney tickets, what else could I do outside the parks in the evening? I don’t want to risk going to bars in Disney Springs and them being full. Paradiso 37 has offered to secure an area for us in the evening if we buy a drinks package which is fine however it is not somewhere I have been before or heard about? Thanks in advance
Rich30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

How many guests have you got? We paid for a private meal at bluezoo at the swan/dolphin hotel which was amazing! And then paid for everyone to watch wishes on the grand one yacht it was an amazing evening
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Wow how exciting! Congratulations! I'm personally not really a fan of Paradiso, could you go to one of the Disney hotels near MK with a reserved area for your party? You could the watch the fireworks from there later on in the evening.
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I know what Joan and I were expected to do after we got married in 1967.

Is it different these days?

Mick
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
Kudos Gadgey, you actually remember 51 years ago, you're good bonny lad
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post

Mick
Very good lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for quick replies. Because Ferrytale cruise is closed I was going to do the normal size boats at either Epcot or 7 seas but they only hold 8 or 10 people. We have 17 people. Just seen grand 1 boat holds 18. Will find out more about that? Do you recommend it Lissa_X? We will probably only want snack or desserts after due to time we are eating at Paddlefish. And yes also not heard great things about Paradiso
Rich30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Kudos Gadgey, you actually remember 51 years ago, you're good bonny lad
Just about bonny lass.

We both had our respective stag/hen nights in York but couldn't afford a honeymoon.

But hey - Golden Wedding anniversary in Florida last February - we must be doing something right.

But as our two grown up daughters keep telling me "Different times dad"

Mick
Old 7 Jun 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rich30 View Post
Thanks for quick replies. Because Ferrytale cruise is closed I was going to do the normal size boats at either Epcot or 7 seas but they only hold 8 or 10 people. We have 17 people. Just seen grand 1 boat holds 18. Will find out more about that? Do you recommend it Lissa_X? We will probably only want snack or desserts after due to time we are eating at Paddlefish. And yes also not heard great things about Paradiso
It was amazing! Would definitely recommend. Great view for fireworks, the yacht is amazing, they play the music on the yacht too so you get the full experience. You can get snacks and drinks on the boat if you contact grand Floridian catering we had crisps and dips and chocolate dipped strawberries plus drinks and it didn't cost too much. We also had our photographer come on the boat with us who got some photos in our wedding attire with wishes. I'll try and find some photos for you if you like

Edited to add some photos

Edited at 03:20 PM.
Lissa_x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 18, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich30
Getting Excited

Mobile

Wow this is so helpful! Thanks so much! It’s coming back at $1275 for 90 minuets, which for 17 people I think is pretty good 😬