Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Jan 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
Google Prom Ally. It’s a charity set up by my friends neighbour. Sure they are always willing to accept donated dresses.
Only just caught up with this thanks so much. Going to send the dress to her. I'm a single mum with a second prom coming up so know just how expensive it can be. What a fantastic idea xxx
Old 8 Jan 19, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

Hey 80s and 90s folks... remember before this prom stuff when we just had a school disco?
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 19, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Adcro View Post
Hey 80s and 90s folks... remember before this prom stuff when we just had a school disco?
ahh - from Scotland here we had a final year ceilidh - sit down food and dancing (we were taught all the dances in "PE" when it was too wet and windy to be hit with sticks on the hockey pitch) - so was just like a prom but had enforced dancing...
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Just wondering how everyone is getting on with buying a prom dress.

We collected my daughters a couple of weeks ago from the shop, need to take it somewhere for it to be shortened.

She has been looking at hair styles online, but we haven’t booked a trial yet, I think we have a little longer than most as her prom isn’t until the 19th July
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Just wondering how everyone is getting on with buying a prom dress.

We collected my daughters a couple of weeks ago from the shop, need to take it somewhere for it to be shortened.

She has been looking at hair styles online, but we haven’t booked a trial yet, I think we have a little longer than most as her prom isn’t until the 19th July
Collected DDs this week- next day we were back in for fitting and she has having beading put on it- we have an appointment in 4 weeks to see how it is.
She has hair and make up this week
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

My daughter hasn’t got a dress yet, she said she will think about it after the GCSEs

She will do her own hair and makeup and she will not wear heels so probably get some Converse or something like that

Nothing like leaving it to the last moment
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Mine is in Y13 so they are having a school-leaver's "ball" - for DD it is more about the after party in the nightclub so they are all going in "party" wear rather than "prom" wear. (thank god - its cheaper!)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Have you looked at quiz clothing. It can come up slightly small (as in clingy not short). But is cheap in the prom dress / cocktail dress scheme of things. Have had three prom dresses so far from here.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List