Notices

Old 13 Nov 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KeepSmiling
Proud to wear my Ears

T-6 sleeps. Are We Really Doing This?

Oh my goodness. Still can't believe this time next week we will be in NYC. Just us, no kids and no dog...

What will we do?

That's where the plan comes in. I've given this a fair amount of thought. It's been quite different planning a trip for two adults as opposed to one that includes 5 teenagers. Teenagers don't like getting out of bed. It doesn't matter if they are on holiday. They don't like getting out of bed. Now two of them are female. That means they also don't like leaving the hotel room until they have spent hours in the bathroom and working out the right outfit... that's once they have gotten out of bed... Can you see where I am going with this? We have freedom. We can get up and go. We will use the bathroom but we won't be having to hang around. I'm not a great sleeper and whilst Shaun would happily lounge around he too is keen to see as much as he can so I'm anticipating that we will be out and about at a very reasonable hour.

I surprised Shaun with this trip. He knew I'd planned something but he didn't know what. It was his birthday in October. He has a nasty habit of giving me a sheet of paper as a gift with a picture of what he has bought...(not the most organised!)

I decided to do the same thing but on a slightly bigger scale. Gave him a huge piece of paper with lots of pictures stuck to it, detailing our trip. It's currently stuck to our bedroom wall. He was blown away and I was quite smug. Best birthday gift ever!

The plans are not definitive but we do have some that are set in stone. Will reveal more next week.

It's a bit of a manic week but only 3 more days at work for me. (4 more for Shaun). Then we can do the fun bit and pack. Been looking at the weather forecast and it looks like it's going to be dry which will be fab. Not altogether sure what to pack as yet but got the odd new item arriving (as you do) so will make the final decisions at the weekend.

Going to try and pack light so we have the extra space for our Christmas shopping (or bath and body works haul).

This will be me!

I jest. We are each planning on packing a suitcase within a suitcase. We are planning on shopping. (We have 5 teenagers!). I have visions of getting bargains in the Black Friday sales.

Shaun also has a vision of the Black Friday sales...

I am hoping that we can at least get a few bargains.

Neither of us have ever been to NYC around thanksgiving before. It's certainly going to be an experience. We are really looking forward to watching the thanksgiving parade. Who are we kidding - we are really looking forward to all of it.

The countdown continues tomorrow x

KeepSmiling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by KeepSmiling - 13 Nov 18 10:03 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Think of all that shopping 😉
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List