Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 2 Jan 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Cerezen treatment for bruxism (tooth grinding)

I have worn a night time mouth guard for bruxism for several years. Although made by the dentist I don't find them very comfortable to wear. Today when I took my daughter for her check up I saw a leaflet for cerezen. Apparently they are small made to measure inserts for the ear. Somehow they prevent tooth grinding and jaw clenching. I was wondering if anyone has tried these and were they successful? At £600 it is a lot to pay if they don't work.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

I haven’t heard of them but interested for more info. I also wear a mouth brace at night, I had my last one 4 years until I woke myself up grinding my teeth - I’d ground right through the plastic. I’ve had another one made but it’s uncomfortable. I’ve broken 4 or 5 teeth so far, with root canal and crowns for some
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

It's horrible isn't it. I have also broken teeth 3 of them. I haven't ground all the way through a guard but have part way. I think the ear inserts are relatively new so not many reviews. I have my check up in a couple of weeks so will get more info off the dentist.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

This is really interesting. Id like to see what you find out. I started grinding my teeth/clenching my jaw when I sleep a few years ago and often wake with my jaw feeling so stiff, often locking for a while.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

I suffer this too so I’d certsonly be interested in hearing reviews too.
DLP Jan 2014 H Cheyenne & H New York
DLP Dec 2014 Sequoia Lodge
Florida Aug/Sept 2016 RPR/WDW BC/DCL Dream Bahamian 4 night cruise/ WDW BC
DLP Dec 2016 Newport Bay Club
Disney Magic Staycation Cruise Aug 2021

Aug 2023;BC 9 nights WV, AKL 8 nights SV, HRH 3 nights FRCL, CB 2BS, Weeki Watchee 2 nights, Holmes Beach house 8 nights
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

I suffer from constant pain from Bruxism so interested to see how you get on. Its only in the last few years and I think anxiety related. I take a low dose of Amitriptyline each evening to help me sleep and recently started taking CBD oil to see if that helps. I only used to do it at night but recently I've caught myself doing it whilst awake, which is worrying, but I do have a lot on my plate at the moment.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 19, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I suffer two and mouthguards make mine worse I seem to overtime grind right through
I’m now without six teeth that haven’t survived as I’ve ground first the filling then the crowns off
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I have decided to go ahead and try Cerezen. Apparently it has been something they have used in America for a long time but only been in the uk for a couple of years. Today I went to an audiologist to have molds made of my ear canals. I have to go back to the dentist in about 3 weeks I will let you know how I get on once I have been.
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I suffer from this too and I am sure I am damaging my back teeth although the dentist says they're fine

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jan 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
I suffer from this too and I am sure I am damaging my back teeth although the dentist says they're fine
Did your dentist suggest that you wear a mouth guard at night? I have worn one for several years. It does help but can be a little uncomfortable.