Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

My symptoms are headache and neck ache. I hadn't realised that I was clenching or grinding until my dentist pointed it out several years ago. I did have dreams that I was wobbling my teeth though like I did when I had a wobbly tooth as a child. I have broken teeth because of it. Another symptom I have if I don't wear my mouth guard is my teeth feel rough and for me that is the worst thing because I don't want damaged teeth. Sometimes I have earache on one side because wearing a mouth guard sometimes makes me clench harder on one side. Sophia have you spoken to a doctor? I do wonder if it is something else if your dentist can't see anything because I was told by two different dentists that my teeth showed signs of grinding. Unfortunately three of my four children also show signs of grinding on their teeth.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I also wanted to add my Cerezen cost £650 and whilst still expensive it is considerably less than £995.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Sophia
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
My symptoms are headache and neck ache. I hadn't realised that I was clenching or grinding until my dentist pointed it out several years ago. I did have dreams that I was wobbling my teeth though like I did when I had a wobbly tooth as a child. I have broken teeth because of it. Another symptom I have if I don't wear my mouth guard is my teeth feel rough and for me that is the worst thing because I don't want damaged teeth. Sometimes I have earache on one side because wearing a mouth guard sometimes makes me clench harder on one side. Sophia have you spoken to a doctor? I do wonder if it is something else if your dentist can't see anything because I was told by two different dentists that my teeth showed signs of grinding. Unfortunately three of my four children also show signs of grinding on their teeth.
I have spoken to my doctors who does seem to think it’s teeth clenching as I go sleep with little pain and wake up to more pain and tightness in head neck ear.

When can you start to wear them at night ? Is it not in the 3rd week cerezen sent me this info below when I enquired about how to use . Have you been told the same instructions?
How many days have you been wearing them?

Days 1-3 (Day-time use only) 3 hrs / day.
Days 4-7 (Day-time use only) two lots of 4 hrs / day.
Week 2 (Day-time use only) If no problems in week one – full daytime wear.
Week 3 Introduce night-time wear. You will receive follow up phone call from your Cerezen provider to establish how your devices are feeling.

Thereafter, Cerezen devices can be worn up to 23 hours per day.”

Thanks

Edited at 01:16 PM.
Sophia is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alisonjones
Imagineer

alisonjones's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Very interesting. I wear a mouth guard too - and at £180 not cheap either - so am glad I found this thread - I suffer from TMJ - that's why I wear the guard because I must be clenching at night - if I don't wear it I suffer terribly the next day with like the worst migraine in my jaw and face, going up to my temple
I worry that I would find these uncomfortable for my ears as I don't like earphones in my ears for long so will be interested to know if you get use to them.
Thanks for posting
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I have spoken to my doctors who does seem to think it’s teeth clenching as I go sleep with little pain and wake up to more pain and tightness in head neck ear.

When can you start to wear them at night ? Is it not in the 3rd week cerezen sent me this info below when I enquired about how to use . Have you been told the same instructions?
How many days have you been wearing them?

Days 1-3 (Day-time use only) 3 hrs / day.
Days 4-7 (Day-time use only) two lots of 4 hrs / day.
Week 2 (Day-time use only) If no problems in week one – full daytime wear.
Week 3 Introduce night-time wear. You will receive follow up phone call from your Cerezen provider to establish how your devices are feeling.

Thereafter, Cerezen devices can be worn up to 23 hours per day.”

Thanks
The Cerezen rep told me I have to have a telephone conversation with her after 4 weeks then I should be able to wear them at night. I will have had them for 4 weeks tomorrow. If you are waking up with the pain after going to bed with little pain then yes it does sound like teeth clenching.
Old 20 Mar 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

[QUOTE=alisonjones;13743235]Very interesting. I wear a mouth guard too - and at £180 not cheap either - so am glad I found this thread - I suffer from TMJ - that's why I wear the guard because I must be clenching at night - if I don't wear it I suffer terribly the next day with like the worst migraine in my jaw and face, going up to my temple
I worry that I would find these uncomfortable for my ears as I don't like earphones in my ears for long so will be interested to know if you get use to them.
Thanks for posting[/QUOTE

They don't feel the same as earphones which I'm not keen on either. I think one of mine is a little tight though so that is why I am struggling to get used to them. Hopefully I will get a replacement soon.
Old 22 Mar 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sophia
I have Ears

Originally Posted by Vinniecat View Post
The Cerezen rep told me I have to have a telephone conversation with her after 4 weeks then I should be able to wear them at night. I will have had them for 4 weeks tomorrow. If you are waking up with the pain after going to bed with little pain then yes it does sound like teeth clenching.
Hi vinniecat

Did you wear cerezen at night ?whats the verdict ? Did you notice reduction in clenching and any difference with symptoms is morning when you got up . I’m Eager to know how you got on

Thanks

Edited at 08:57 PM.
Sophia is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Just found this thread and am interested in how you get on too.

I’ve recently discovered that I’m doing this. I started with some facial numbness/a dull ache in the right side of my face and ear. My doctor suggested visiting the dentists, who confirmed there was evidence of grinding my teeth and took a mould for a mouthguard. I’ve now been wearing it for a few weeks and have found the ache in my jaw and ear has worsened - I wake up feeling like my jaw is cramping. I also think I’m subconsciously doing it more now, as the mouth guard is wearing in places already!

I am a little worried reading this to see that some of you have had this for years. I’ve had a really stressful year and hoped that it would get better in time. As it’s worsened my dentist has referred me to the hospital, as when she poked and prodded found quite a bit of tenderness in my jaw joint. Not sure if any of you found a referral helpful, or if it’s somehting I’ve just got to get used to.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jimmymc
Apprentice Imagineer

Following this with interest as my son grinds hus teeth !

Maureen
jimmymc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I haven't worn my Cerezen at night yet because one of them is a little tight so my dentist has ordered a new one for me. Unfortunately it is going to take at least a couple of weeks for it to arrive. I have to admit I didn't expect the process to be so long. I just hope when I get the new one that they work. I will keep you posted. Jocat I know what you mean about the night guard making it worse. I think it does make the grinding worse but it does also protect your teeth from damage. Having said that I actually find I have a headache and jaw ache if I don't wear the mouth guard rather than if I do. It took me a long time to get used to wearing a night guard. Infact I would say I still find them uncomfortable but it is worse if I don't wear it.