Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 Feb 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
This thread has been useful to me as my daughter and friends are looking for a basic/ budget hotel for one night, 3adults. So far they've picked a hostel but I think I prefer her in a hotel, so any more suggestions would be great.
Sorry for jumping in.😃
Have a look at the Doubletree by Hilton the reasons are in my earlier post. It truly is a brilliant, economical start point for most that you might want to do... and the revolving restaurant is awesome for a first time visit as you can see it all!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Have a look at the Doubletree by Hilton the reasons are in my earlier post. It truly is a brilliant, economical start point for most that you might want to do... and the revolving restaurant is awesome for a first time visit as you can see it all!
It must be good, it's booked up on 5th to 6th July !
Old 20 Feb 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
It must be good, it's booked up on 5th to 6th July !
Hmm. Perhaps on 4th July, Washington is the place to be!.. hence your problems with 05 and 06.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Yes, it'll be busy everywhere lol
Old 13 Apr 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We were there for 5 nights at the end of our road trip in Sept 2018. We had a car - and the price of car parking put us off booking any of the hotels in the centre.

We stayed in the Hyatt out at Tysons Corner - it was great for us, Hotel is part of very nice mall with attached Metro station. My wife is not into museums and Capitol Building etc, so the days I did this - she went to the shopping mall.

We really enjoyed being in Washington, the Mall etc was great. I was to both Air & Space museums - loved them both - the one at Dulles was not very busy at all when I was there.

We are going back this year. We did drive to the South of Washington one day - but not too much to do. Or we were looking in the wrong place!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List