Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Feb 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Gluten free food Aug 2017

This is really late - sorry - but here are some photos of what I managed to find, and a few places I wouldn't go back to!

Universal Studios was great for GF goodies, I loved eating lunch at the Leaky Couldron and opted for a chicken & bacon sandwich served with salad as fries were not GF.
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We loved dining at Antojitos in City Walk and we shared nachos and chicken fajitas, I had corn tortillas instead of normal tortillas.

We didn't like eating at the QS near Jurassic Park, only because it was so busy and I felt like I was creating extra work for them by asking to see the allergy menu and then choosing a burger which wasn't really that nice, and cost around $15.

Excuse the mouthful already taken before I remembered to take a photo!
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

We visited Discovery Cove for the day for a dolphin swim which was an amazing experience.
Breakfast was dished up a bit like a school canteen where you go along the line and point out what you want. They were very good here at letting me know what was gluten free. So I had sausage, bacon, scrambled egg and a fruit cup. Hot drinks were self service outside along with cold drinks.

Located around various areas were snack bars serving beverages and snacks, no photos but I did have some ready salted crisps, some rice crispy treat and frozen slushy.
Lunch was a little more disorganised as I queued up with everyone else and when we reached the main course area I asked what was gluten free, to be told had I ordered my meal from the supervisor. As there was no one around when we entered I politely said no, to which I was rudely told go back to the beginning of the queue and speak to the supervisor. Well I headed back to the beginning of the queue and then had to ask someone after standing around for 10 mins as to where was the supervisor! Eventually the supervisor turned up and said I needed to speak to the chef, so after a further 10 min wait the chef came out and said he could do burger and chips, join the queue and ask for it at the main course area. By now my friend has eaten her lunch!

Whilst I was eating my lunch the chef came out and apologised to me for the wait and said they had found me a Gluten Free brownie for dessert as the only item on offer was some grapes.

Edited at 06:22 PM.
Old 22 Feb 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

We stayed at the Cabana Bay whilst up at Universal. I took my own GF breakfast cereal to have in the room, so we only visited the food court for a couple of snacks, they had a section which was full of GF snacks and we did order a GF Pizza one night but it was really child size, and not enough for one adult, let alone two trying to share!
Thanks if you have read so far😀
This concludes the Universal part of our holiday, Disney will be next.
Old 22 Feb 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much for this post. I've just been diagnosed with coeliac disease so I've got a bit of a downer on our upcoming holiday. Really looking forward to your posts about gf food at Disney.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Niclb
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Fab thank you 😀 This will be our first time back since DD has been diagnosed with coeliac disease. So really appreciate your food report 😀
Old 22 Feb 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad this foodie report will be of use to you both, I have to confess that I was a little worried going as I also have coeliac disease but both Universal and Disney were great. I can't remember the location, I'm thinking more Universal than Disney but I was asked a couple of times if it was a serious allergy or a mild one! After I explained I was a coeliac, they were fine and noted the orders as serious allergy.
Disney was amazing for GF food choices and treats we don't normally have😋😋😋
Old 23 Feb 19, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
nice photos, thanks for sharing - some of the GF stuff looks half decent
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Great photos thanks for sharing.
Old 23 Feb 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Next installment😀
We stayed for 10 nights at POFQ and the chefs there were amazing and nothing was too much trouble. By the end of the holiday we were on first name terms and they were greeting me as a friend, rather than a customer.
Of course I had to sample the famous GF beignets, OMG they were amazing and as we don't get treats like this, I think they tasted even nicer knowing you were eating something you considered normal!
We used one snack credit and shared six between two of us.

We had a dining reservation at Ohana, I wasn't impressed and couldn't quite see the attraction of the place.
We noted on all ADR that I required gluten free and at all locations the chef will come out to talk to you, and your meal is delivered with an allergy stick.
At Ohana we waited 20mins for a chef, who explained what I could have so they gave me the salad and some chicken wings with rice, then it was the skewers bought around, but we only saw the skewers once before our plates were removed and our dessert was bought out. As the usual dessert isn't gluten free I had an allergy brownie with I think might have been dairy free ice cream, it didn't taste nice - apologies if you are dairy free - so I left it, and before the dessert plates were whipped away we were handed the bill. Luckily we used 1TS credit each otherwise I would have been fuming at having to pay for it!