Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 2 Mar 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

our first cruise was the Royal Princess, we had a balcony. Modern, comfortable rooms, great service. food was good in the buffet and dining rooms. They have anytime dining which is good if you don't like being tied down to times. People do dress up for dinner, some more than others. If you really want the dressing up though have you though of looking at Cunard? We sailed with them in May to the Fjords and that was a lot more dressy i found.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We got married in California and did LV and Grand Canyon afterwards, we did either one or two nights at the canyon so did it thoroughly and I don’t think we will go again. I am a bit scared of small planes and helicopters too.
We flew Scenic Airlines from LV to the GC. About a 9 seater with constant smell of aviation fuel.

To be honest we're glad we've been to LV and GC but not the sort of places we feel the need to return to. Apart from the trip to the GC all we really did in LV was walk both ends of the Strip and visit hotels.

Mick
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
our first cruise was the Royal Princess, we had a balcony. Modern, comfortable rooms, great service. food was good in the buffet and dining rooms. They have anytime dining which is good if you don't like being tied down to times. People do dress up for dinner, some more than others. If you really want the dressing up though have you though of looking at Cunard? We sailed with them in May to the Fjords and that was a lot more dressy i found.
I honestly didn’t know which cruise line to look at. I have just taken a quick look at Cunard but they don’t seem to have anything departing from the west coast or in April 2030 (unless I am doing something wrong).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I honestly didn’t know which cruise line to look at. I have just taken a quick look at Cunard but they don’t seem to have anything departing from the west coast or in April 2030 (unless I am doing something wrong).
i think you may be looking a little early for 2030
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We flew Scenic Airlines from LV to the GC. About a 9 seater with constant smell of aviation fuel.

To be honest we're glad we've been to LV and GC but not the sort of places we feel the need to return to. Apart from the trip to the GC all we really did in LV was walk both ends of the Strip and visit hotels.

Mick
I think we spend a lot of time looking at hotels too, but we like that. We have done a day trip to Hoover Dam and we might do Death Valley this time or a desert buggy tour. We will do a show too, I found one called “Menopause the Musical” the other day which seems appropriate. Also fabulous dining in LV so we will be having a lovely meal every night.
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
i think you may be looking a little early for 2030

I was hoping to set a record for the longest Dibb count down ever.
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Any thoughts on level, I can have 9, 11 or 12 for the cabin type.

I have only been on small boats and do get seasick if it is choppy but I am hoping that won’t be the case with a big boat.
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

I was hoping to set a record for the longest Dibb count down ever.
i looked too and there wasn't much. I'm sure you would be happy with Princess and maybe look at Cunard for something else in the future. We found when we booked early that the price was no different than going to a nice all inclusive resort and that was a balcony.
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We've done around 25 cruises on Princess and several on the Royal Princess (Caribbean and Mediterranean). Lovely ship which doesn't seem busy for her size. Anytime dining is our preferred option but don't like really large tables as conversation is difficult and fragments into 2 or 3 smaller conversations. Our preference is for a table of 6 - or 2 if we want a quiet dinner. The staff at the entrance to the dining room are always able to accommodate our request. Two formal nights on 7 night cruise, the others smart casual. Formal dress is slowly being eroded but depending on the itinerary, my guess is half dress up. The Caribbean tends to be the most laid back. I have seen people (especially men) directed to the buffet if they are inappropriately dressed.
We go for inside cabins as we spend little time in there and the outdoor areas are very pleasant to sit or sunbathe. Plus the balconies on the Royal and her sister ships are very small, unless you pay mega bucks and opt for a suite. JMO
We're just weighing up our options for Jan/Feb 20 - Princess have a promotion, which started yesterday, with £400pp off flights for certain itineraries.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Any thoughts on level, I can have 9, 11 or 12 for the cabin type.

I have only been on small boats and do get seasick if it is choppy but I am hoping that won’t be the case with a big boat.
After only doing six we can't pretend to be experts but the only thing we do when choosing a deck level is to pick one with cabins on the levels above and below. Avoiding potential noisy levels immediately adjacent such as open restaurants, pool decks etc.

Just edited to say that we always have a balcony cabin so that may affect us more.

Mick

Edited at 12:56 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List