Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 6 Mar 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

caribbean or transatlatic cruise

looking at doing this next year as mine & DH 50ths. only done 1 disney 4 night bahamas/ castaway cay before. don't think it will be disney this time due to price but just want some advise on best cruise company, who to book with and best itiniery. we would like a drinks package as only the 2 of us but don't want to pay miles more for it, any advise please as just don't know where to start
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Mobile

We were first time cruisers last September. We loved the Southern Carribbean, the ship was the Celebrity Equinox.
The food, crew and entertainment was excellent. We managed to get a balcony cabin with free drinks and tips for under £1500 pp through IGLU.
I fancy a transatlantic cruise but too many sea days for DW. 😕
Old 6 Mar 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
We were first time cruisers last September. We loved the Southern Carribbean, the ship was the Celebrity Equinox.
The food, crew and entertainment was excellent. We managed to get a balcony cabin with free drinks and tips for under £1500 pp through IGLU.
I fancy a transatlantic cruise but too many sea days for DW. 😕
We prefer the sea days
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Not a massive experience of cruising. We've done six in total three of which were in the Caribbean. The first two Carnival out of Port Canaveral and Tampa, other one Princess out of Fort Lauderdale. Duration between 7 and 11 days.

Carnival has recently got the reputation of being a "party" cruise line. Back in 2005 and 2007 we didn't detect that but I'd say less formal than other lines.

We booked the first two with the old pre-Virgin Travel City Direct. The other one through Virgin Cruises because we stayed on at the villa after and it was easy to alter flight details. Have used Thomas Cook as well for Med cruises with RCI.

We don't bother with drinks packages I'm afraid. We are happy with sodas with meals.

Just like Mrs Greyfriars though we don't fancy a trans-Atlantic cruise. Too many "at sea" days for us. Rather have 7 or 8 ports on an 11 day cruise.

Mick
Old 6 Mar 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We’ve done two transatlantics one with 7 consecutive sea days (Venice to Fort Lauderdale 19 days) and one with 4 consecutive sea days (Southampton to New York via Iceland and Canada). We enjoy a few sea days but 7 together was too much, the northerly route was ideal - and great fellow passengers (Katiec68 👍 ).
We have another transatlantic planned for November (Genoa to Rio) with 5 consecutive sea days, which might be a bit much - we’ll see.
Hard to recommend cruise lines, it all depends on the kind of things you like. There’s a cruise line for everybody.😂
Omega1 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Get me to the heat as quickly as possible, though we are cruising out of New York to the Caribbean this year. This should only mean 2 coldish days, quite happy with seadays when it’s hot. Not sure I would like 5+ days on open Atlantic.

Edited at 08:24 PM.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bonnies mum View Post
Get me to the heat as quickly as possible, though we are cruising out of New York to the Caribbean this year. This should only mean 2 coldish days, quite happy with seadays when it’s hot. Not sure I would like 5+ days on open Atlantic.
That's the downside of cruising from Southampton to the Med. Two or three days to get round Gibraltar if the Bay of Biscay's a bit rough before you get to the warmer and calmer Med.

Upside though for us is that when returning you're off the ship by 8 and home by lunchtime.

Mick
Old 8 Mar 19, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
My sister has sailed with DCL, Celebrity and P&O. For adult cruises, she would choose the latter two, especially Celebrity as she says their drink packages are great.

As for which itinerary, it depends what route the Tranny takes. if it's a northerly one, then I'd prob go for sunshine, but it really does depend on length of cruise and route for me.

Joa