Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 3 Apr 19, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Difficult to see if its been Photoshopped or was taken at the time. I am really enjoying the series. Not for the couples but more for the fact that I could do this if I chose to. It would make a change from turning up to an airport, arriving somewhere and going back.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don’t think it’s photoshopped as everyone is in different positions and have bags ect... they all will have been in the original line up, but only the teachers were there for back up incase of one of the couples having to drop out. They often do this with programs like this. As it’s common for things to go wrong. (Which it did)

We are really enjoying it. But not sure who will win the money, I don’t have s favourite either so would be pleased for any of them. Such a fab experience.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post

This article on the BBC takes you behind the scenes

bbc/news/entertainment-arts-47827316
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I didn’t want them to win, well her, he’s lovely, she was really irritating.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I didn’t want them to win, well her, he’s lovely, she was really irritating.
Aww I liked them and was pleased tbey won!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I went off her in the last episode. And I really went off the guys who came last. Shamima was being very genuine and they looked very ungracious.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I went off her in the last episode. And I really went off the guys who came last. Shamima was being very genuine and they looked very ungracious.
I never heard her wish anyone luck in response to others wishing them luck & agree, very ungracious.

Shamina was lovely.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We wanted the father and son to win in the end. We did start wanting the 2 lads win but I think the father and son where the real winners as you could see how they had changed as a couple since the start. I knew they went really close when i Singapore as the shot of the older couple running across the bridge it was raining and when the father and son was shown crossing it it had stopped raining and the ground was drying up.

As to the photo it could have been taken after the event for all we know.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
We wanted the father and son to win in the end. We did start wanting the 2 lads win but I think the father and son where the real winners as you could see how they had changed as a couple since the start. I knew they went really close when i Singapore as the shot of the older couple running across the bridge it was raining and when the father and son was shown crossing it it had stopped raining and the ground was drying up.

As to the photo it could have been taken after the event for all we know.
We wanted the father and son to win as well, but didn't mind the winners too much. They edited it to look close but you could see the times in the book and they were about 2.5 hours behind I think. The 2 guys - my least favourite team by far - were about 5 hours behind the 2 girls.
Old 8 Apr 19, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loved this programme - I thought that it was really interesting seeing all the different cultures and countries and a little bit envious too.

I wanted Tony and Elaine to win - lovely couple who both embraced the experience.

Alex just got on my nerves tbh, he was great when things were going well but not so when he didn’t get his own way. How many times did they record that their relationship has improved ... ?

Felix and Josh were just not very nice - I didn’t like their lack of sportsmanship and their arrogance.

Shameena and Natalie - just lovely and clearly enjoyed the adventure.

I was amazed at how they found the bus or ticket offices - some very strange buildings!
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List