Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 21 Mar 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile LIDL / ALDI packing. Just curious..

If you shop there do you use the packing benches? Or are you one of those people that likes the challenge of flinging it in your bags as quick as they scan it? Maybe you’re one of those who thinks you’re in Waitrose and takes your sweet time over it? Just wondering..
I personally fling it all in the trolley then take it over to the packing bench where I can pack it just how I like it. Freezer things in one bag, cold in another, etc. I am always surprised though by the amount of people that don’t do this. They are openly struggling and getting stroppy or flustered trying to pack their bags on a checkout the size of a bar stool!
It’s not the most pleasurable check out experience but it is designed quite well I think. And if it keeps prices low it works for me.
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

I have "trolley bags", just concertina them open and chuck the stuff in - one has a coolbag for frozen stuff.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

I take it to the car and pack it in the boot,unless it's raining and I use the bench.
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I organise my stuff on the belt first. Then have about four different bags (one is a cooler for frozen/chilled)
So everything comes flying down after being scanned and goes in the appropriate bag.
If I have a lot of stuff I don’t mess about and pack it later at the benches. But don’t tend to get a massive amount from Aldi.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
KC2014
Excited about Disney

if I have a trolley full of stuff I fling it all back in and then use the packing bench. If I have a small basket then I will try and pack it into one bag as it goes through the till.
KC2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I put them on the belt in the order I want to pack and just pop them in my big reuseable bags as can't be bothered faffing about packing them twice.

Edited at 02:42 PM.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilly3580
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I organise my shopping on the belt and then pack quickly. Sometimes I just need to tidy up a few bits in the car boot.
Lilly3580 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I used to use the benches when I was an Aldi newbie but I have it down to a fine art now. Food gets loaded onto the conveyer in the right order and my reusable bags are all set up and ready in my trolley. No messing around, bish bash bosh! Much prefer the Aldi way, I can’t be doing with waiting behind people in front having a 10 min conversation with the cashier! Just get your shopping and go, that’s me sorted.

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I won’t do a big shop here because of this. I’ll pop in for a few bits that I can quickly pack into one bag but refuse to be rushed or have to take it elsewhere to pack, I’d rather pay more quite honestly.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Leanne1977 View Post
I used to use the benches when I was an Aldi newbie but I have it down to a fine art now. Food gets loaded onto the conveyer in the right order and my reusable bags are all set up and ready in my trolley. No messing around, bish bash bosh! Much prefer the Aldi way, I can’t be doing with waiting behind people in front having a 10 min conversation with the cashier! Just get your shopping and go, that’s me sorted.
This for me too 👍 love it. Hate slow coaches

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List