Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 12 Apr 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile Use park tickets before resort stay?

Hi

We’re thinking about doing a week in a villa then a week at OKW. Question is, can we use our 14 day ultimate tickets whilst at the villa?
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes. We did this in 2017. Simply go to the gate and in you go. When you get to OKW ask them to stick it on your magicband
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch-fishguard View Post
Yes. We did this in 2017. Simply go to the gate and in you go. When you get to OKW ask them to stick it on your magicband
Cheers...so will we have hard copies of tickets?...honestly can’t remember...usually we just use bands.

Oh...and can you still book fast passes 3 months before?

Edited at 08:36 AM.
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I thought that if you purchased your tickets as part of a package ie hotel +tickets then tickets are not available until you check in. Obviously if purchased separately then you can use tickets straight away.
Old 12 Apr 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You can use them before your OKW stay by visiting guest relations to get them activated. However, you won't be able to book fastpasses for the first 7 days in advance, only once guest relations have activated them for you. Further info and details here:

https://DIBB.in/13533775
"We are so excited to hear that you will be visiting us next year! If you would like to activate your tickets early, you will have to go to a Theme Park for your first day and speak with a Cast Member in Guest Relations. Guest Relations at the Theme Parks can activate your tickets no more than 10-days before your stay with us on the property.

Please note that you will not be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days that are before your stay due to the tickets being attached to your reservation. Once the tickets are activated at the Theme Parks, you will be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days you have not already made for."

If possible, you'd be better off doing OKW first, then your villa stay.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
You can use them before your OKW stay by visiting guest relations to get them activated. However, you won't be able to book fastpasses for the first 7 days in advance, only once guest relations have activated them for you. Further info and details here:

https://DIBB.in/13533775
"We are so excited to hear that you will be visiting us next year! If you would like to activate your tickets early, you will have to go to a Theme Park for your first day and speak with a Cast Member in Guest Relations. Guest Relations at the Theme Parks can activate your tickets no more than 10-days before your stay with us on the property.

Please note that you will not be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days that are before your stay due to the tickets being attached to your reservation. Once the tickets are activated at the Theme Parks, you will be able to make FastPass+ selections for the days you have not already made for."

If possible, you'd be better off doing OKW first, then your villa stay.
Thanks for all the info...really helpful! Was thinking that the villa might ease us into holiday...plus we have OKW to look forward to.

Not being able to book fast passes for the villa bit way ahead is a bit of a pain though.

I suppose we could just do OKW...wouldn’t be so terrible!
Old 12 Apr 19, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I've posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well.

Here's what it says on Disney's UK website's FAQ page:

"Q. Can I collect my Park Tickets prior to my check-in date?

A. If you have confirmed a Ticket Only reservation with us and have paid your balance in full you can contact our Disney Experts on freephone 0800 16 90 730 and request an early ticket release.

If you have booked a Package with us (i.e., Flight inclusive, Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket, Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket + Dining) your ticket is linked directly to your MagicBand which will be activated upon check-in. Therefore it is not possible to collect your Park Ticket prior to your check-in date.
"

Note the last sentence - if you have bought your tickets as part of a package then the website states that you cannot collect your park ticket prior to check-in.

The email that loves2plan quoted above is from the US Disney team and seems to disagree with the info on the UK website. It's possible the email may only apply to US packages? Or perhaps the UK website is wrong?

If you have bought your tickets separately to your resort stay, then there is no problem using them beforehand.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

if you book your tickets seperatley then you can use them when you like. Only if you book them as a package with a room are they linked. So unless you are getting free dining i would buy the tickets sepearatly.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I've posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here as well.

Here's what it says on Disney's UK website's FAQ page:

"Q. Can I collect my Park Tickets prior to my check-in date?

A. If you have confirmed a Ticket Only reservation with us and have paid your balance in full you can contact our Disney Experts on freephone 0800 16 90 730 and request an early ticket release.

If you have booked a Package with us (i.e., Flight inclusive, Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket, Disney Resort Hotel + Ticket + Dining) your ticket is linked directly to your MagicBand which will be activated upon check-in. Therefore it is not possible to collect your Park Ticket prior to your check-in date.
"

Note the last sentence - if you have bought your tickets as part of a package then the website states that you cannot collect your park ticket prior to check-in.

The email that loves2plan quoted above is from the US Disney team and seems to disagree with the info on the UK website. It's possible the email may only apply to US packages? Or perhaps the UK website is wrong?

If you have bought your tickets separately to your resort stay, then there is no problem using them beforehand.
Very interesting. Reading what they say about magic bands, I wonder if they can do this for US customers as they have their magic bands shipped in advance, however UK customers don't get theirs until check in. However, if you already have magic bands that are active on your account, then logic dictates that they should be able to do it in that case too.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Very interesting. Reading what they say about magic bands, I wonder if they can do this for US customers as they have their magic bands shipped in advance, however UK customers don't get theirs until check in. However, if you already have magic bands that are active on your account, then logic dictates that they should be able to do it in that case too.
Good point and perhaps you are right.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the UK website was wrong, or at least not completely correct. It’s been “misleading” before.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List