Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Apr 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
FoP rope drop

Just after a bit of advice for AK day.

We're doing two separate visits on two separate days, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

For our first visit, I was planning to queue for FoP at rope drop and FP Navi, Kilimanjaro and Kali River Rapids.

For our second visit, I was planning to FP Dinosaur, Expedition Everest and FoP.

How minimal is the minimal queue at rope drop? How early would we have to get there to be able to see the queue details and maybe queue for 15-30 minutes?

We go the first two weeks in July and our AK visits are in the second week.

Edited at 03:37 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 19, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. Have you thought about a 9.00am FP for FOP and head to Navi first. At that time of day the standby lines are nearly non existent. You will certainly be off by 9.30am and can then walk straight onto FOP. Your other 2 FP's can be 10.00am and 11.00am but start dragging them forward as you are walking up the FOP line.

If you do want to do standby for FOP I would bank on a minimum of a 30+ min wait if you are there 30 mins before rope drop and walk really really quickly to the line. Bear in mind some people will still beat you on that walk!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 05:40 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm. Have you thought about a 9.00am FP for FOP and head to Navi first. At that time of day the standby lines are nearly non existent. You will certainly be off by 9.30am and can then walk straight onto FOP. Your other 2 FP's can be 10.00am and 11.00am but start dragging them forward as you are walking up the FOP line.

If you do want to do standby for FOP I would bank on a minimum of a 30+ min wait if you are there 30 mins before rope drop and walk really really quickly to the line. Bear in mind some people will still beat you on that walk!
Thanks for the tip - I'll do that
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
LostGirl
Imagineer

LostGirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
if you can wait, leave until last knockings to do FOP, join the line about 20 minutes before park close, it will post a long wait time, but it won't be that long. That's how we got our second ride on it.

LostGirl

LostGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I would definitely use fast pass for FoP on both days, once won’t be enough. And rope drop Na’vi.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We are on a Disney holiday presently and I have been tracking the queue times for FOP. Without FP or early access options the evening time after 7.30pm appears to be the only time of day where the queue drops under 100 mins. The lowest queue time I have seen on it during the time we’ve been here is 90 mins. We are planning on going to AK to do it tonight
Amion68 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
D2MEY
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

so how did it go ?
D2MEY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
*jovi_girl*
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re planning AK for Thursday. Couldn’t get fp for fop so don’t know what time to try for the best.

This morning we managed to get to MK for 8am so can’t imagine getting to AK any earlier than that. Would the queue for FOP be doable at 8?
*jovi_girl* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarabel
New Poster (2)

We have just returned from Florida and last week we managed to walk straight on to FOP after heading there at closing after watching Rivers of light. So I would definitely recommend doing it at closing as others have said. Earlier in the evening we queued 60 mins for it but the standby sign was reading 90mins. Absolutely loved it! Have a great time
Clarabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

It's better at closing time, I agree. And saves you from waking up at 6am during your holiday!
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List