Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Apr 19, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went on it today, luckily had fp as it was over a 100 mins most of the day from rope drop, the whole park was absolutely rammed that we only did our 3 fp rides and got out of there🤪
Cracking ride though for another simulator, probably the best sim we been on in Orlando yet!
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I rope dropped it last year so things might have changed, but this is what happened...

Got to AK maybe about 15-30 minutes before opening (I think it might have been EMH), ran into a massive crowd of people being held at Discovery Island. Once they let people into Pandora I fast walked to the FoP queue - at the time I got in line they were saying that it might be an hour wait from there (if I don't remember wrongly), and a little while later there were CMs telling people getting in line that it might be a 3 hour wait for them. The actual wait was less than an hour, but they routed us into the FP queue so never got to see the lab and the other queue details except through a window.

Basically, if you can rope drop (and be near the front of the crowd), fast walk, and get in line before it goes nuts, then it would be worth it to rope drop. But if you are slow getting in line at rope drop, you might have a long 2-3 hour wait - at which point you might be better off doing all the other things like Safaris and Everest at park opening time (when crowds are low), and then coming back to FoP later at park closing...

(As a note - they apparently inflate wait times at closing, so don't trust what the wait time is at closing! I've heard that it usually isn't too long a queue if you get in line right before park close but haven't tried this out for myself.)
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Hipstalike
Proud to wear my Ears

Hipstalike's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I did rope drop at AK last Friday. Arrived around 8:15am for a 9am opening and got off FoP around 9:15 so the wait was absolutely minimal. Managed to ride it twice on the same day as I had a FP later that day.

Also went on it at park close the day before that. Went in line at 9:28pm with a 9:30pm closing and the wait time said 70 minutes but I ended up waiting only 25 minutes.
Hipstalike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 01:34 AM  
Link to this Post
BuzzStarkiller
Trainee Dibber

Ok, brace yourselves.

Rope dropped FoP today, arrived at park around 8.30, started queuing for FoP at 8.45 with a wait time posted of 75 mins. 3 hours later we finally went up the ramp into the loading area. Unbelievable.
There were wait times posted of 210 minutes at its highest, which wasn’t far off from what we had to wait. Extremely disappointed.
Missed out on our Everest Fp and was late for our ADR by half hour, which they were ok with thanks god.
The park was mega busy today.
Looking for a bit of respite next week, hopefully lower crowds.
BuzzStarkiller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BuzzStarkiller View Post
Ok, brace yourselves.

Rope dropped FoP today, arrived at park around 8.30, started queuing for FoP at 8.45 with a wait time posted of 75 mins. 3 hours later we finally went up the ramp into the loading area. Unbelievable.
There were wait times posted of 210 minutes at its highest, which wasn’t far off from what we had to wait. Extremely disappointed.
Missed out on our Everest Fp and was late for our ADR by half hour, which they were ok with thanks god.
The park was mega busy today.
Looking for a bit of respite next week, hopefully lower crowds.
That's why rope drop is so unreliable for this ride. Much better to go last thing before park closure. Each time I've done that, I waited 45 mins to 1 hour only (despite wait time being displayed at 2+ hours).
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

We did FOP at rope drop this morning, oh my days what a ride! I seriously can’t wait to do it again We got to AK at 8.15am, straight in the que, out by 20 past nine. Navi River was shut with technical difficulties so missed out on getting on that one but FOP was so amazing, I didn’t want to get off!
Old 22 Apr 19, 03:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink-a-bee
Imagineer

Mobile

We did FoP at rope drop this morning (Easter Sunday). Arrived at the turnstiles at 8.30, and we were off FoP by 9.30. 😊
Old 22 Apr 19, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Team Donald
Trying for More Ears

We have just come back from a lovely trip. We rope dropped AK - Everest. We were at the park maybe 40 mins before opening. We went through bag check, magic band entrance and were stopped on the bridge going across to Asia. At about 5 to opening we were walked to the ride by the operators and were straight on. We had 2 rides in less than 15 mins and waited for the front both times. Great organisation
2019: Yacht Club
Team Donald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List