Old 19 Apr 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What a brilliant last day, Kate's plans worked really well. Such a shame that so many run to the Princess meets, if only they had a good FP system i'm sure it would help out with this. It's so dangerous when people run, we saw a man fall on his child, who he was carrying coming out of AK last year, as he was running and trying to beat the crowds to the bus stop.

I'm the same as you on Buzz, the ride would have to be stopped for a long time for me to get a good score I still love the ride though.

You did get to meet a lot of characters today though. Seems strange that the queuing system seems to work better than the line berty app. Inside the castle looks lovely, Georgia is really looking forward to seeing that.

It's a shame that Kate had to eat from the children's menu. It is quite limiting, her curry looked lovely today though and your "child's" meal looked tasty too. Was the wine and cocktails expensive at DLP? I certainly will miss an included drink there after our delicious choice of cocktails at WDW last time

Great report, we really enjoyed following along. Georgia loved Kate's haul photo and was pleased you added it I'm very pleased that as we inspired you to have a mum and daughter trip, it went well and you got along so well together I think your highs and lows are really very fair, as there are obviously a few things that could be improved at DLP, but it does show that you both had a lovely time. Thanks for taking the time to write it, hope you enjoy your next trip at POFQ
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you I'm not a fan of the running for rides or characters it's like the idiots that drive on the hard shoulder when there's a traffic jam on the motorway. I find it so annoying. Of course no one wants to wait in line longer than they have to, but for goodness sake this wasn't just a light jog or speed walk. This was a full on sprint.

Your story about the man falling on his child as he ran for the bus at AK is crazy, he must have been going at quite a speed. We've seen a bus waiting at the bus stop and done a bit of a jog to get there, but at the end of the night when the fireworks have finished it's jam packed so it's not possible. Plus we're always pretty worn out at the end of the day and there's no way I want to start running.

I think I preferred being in charge of our fate with the queuing up for characters and at least we had the option of getting in line even if it did look like a really long wait.

There was quite a bit to explore in the castle, both upstairs and downstairs. This is definitely worth a look around

I honestly can't remember the cost of the cocktails, I don't think they were cheap, but I don't feel like they were extortionate either

Don't feel too sorry for Kate having to order off the kids menu, she's not too hard done by. It was because she still counted as a child as she was 11 when we went and turned 12 the week after we got back, which is adult at DLP. Anyway, her child credit was not worth much money compared to my adult credit. I'm sure I could have let her order from the adult menu it just would have cost me more.

It's been fun having you read along to our mother daughter trip after you inspired me to book it! I'm hopeful it won't be our last It was great fun. I'd wondered if we would bicker or get on each others nerves as it was only us and we didn't have the other 2 to distract us or talk to. It seemed that just being in each others company was good though.

I'm really looking forward to POFQ this summer. I hope we enjoy the resort, it looked so beautiful in your report and I'm excited to see it. Not too long until we are off on that trip. A little over 3 months!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm sure you don't need me to tell you I'm not a fan of the running for rides or characters it's like the idiots that drive on the hard shoulder when there's a traffic jam on the motorway. I find it so annoying. Of course no one wants to wait in line longer than they have to, but for goodness sake this wasn't just a light jog or speed walk. This was a full on sprint.

Your story about the man falling on his child as he ran for the bus at AK is crazy, he must have been going at quite a speed. We've seen a bus waiting at the bus stop and done a bit of a jog to get there, but at the end of the night when the fireworks have finished it's jam packed so it's not possible. Plus we're always pretty worn out at the end of the day and there's no way I want to start running.

I think I preferred being in charge of our fate with the queuing up for characters and at least we had the option of getting in line even if it did look like a really long wait.

There was quite a bit to explore in the castle, both upstairs and downstairs. This is definitely worth a look around

I honestly can't remember the cost of the cocktails, I don't think they were cheap, but I don't feel like they were extortionate either

Don't feel too sorry for Kate having to order off the kids menu, she's not too hard done by. It was because she still counted as a child as she was 11 when we went and turned 12 the week after we got back, which is adult at DLP. Anyway, her child credit was not worth much money compared to my adult credit. I'm sure I could have let her order from the adult menu it just would have cost me more.

It's been fun having you read along to our mother daughter trip after you inspired me to book it! I'm hopeful it won't be our last It was great fun. I'd wondered if we would bicker or get on each others nerves as it was only us and we didn't have the other 2 to distract us or talk to. It seemed that just being in each others company was good though.

I'm really looking forward to POFQ this summer. I hope we enjoy the resort, it looked so beautiful in your report and I'm excited to see it. Not too long until we are off on that trip. A little over 3 months!
The guy running who fell was running coming out of AK after the RoL show so not even just the short distance to the bus but the whole park. The paths there are so dark and he tripped over a kerb and went flying. It was horrible, but sad to say inevitable.

I would love to do another trip, not necessarily Disney, with just Georgia in the future. We get along really well and our trip just had a different feel to it than a family trip (although of course we do love those 😃 )

POFQ was wonderful and we would stay there as first choice resort for any future visits. Although as we like to upgrade the dining plan, with DH with us next time, I think AKL may work out better value. But we loved the size of POFQ and how easy it was to get around it.

Edited at 08:10 AM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
The guy running who fell was running coming out of AK after the RoL show so not even just the short distance to the bus but the whole park. The paths there are so dark and he tripped over a kerb and went flying. It was horrible, but sad to say inevitable.

I would love to do another trip, not necessarily Disney, with just Georgia in the future. We get along really well and our trip just had a different feel to it than a family trip (although of course we do love those 😃 )

POFQ was wonderful and we would stay there as first choice resort for any future visits. Although as we like to upgrade the dining plan, with DH with us next time, I think AKL may work out better value. But we loved the size of POFQ and how easy it was to get around it.
I've never been to AKL, I think it's the only deluxe hotel that we've not visited before. I'm thinking of booking a shorter Disney stay next summer, maybe 10 days like your trip, and going for AKL or a deluxe. I'd like to do one of the Epcot area resorts as I like the walking to the parks and both HS and Epcot are walkable I'm not sure though...

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I've never been to AKL, I think it's the only deluxe hotel that we've not visited before. I'm thinking of booking a shorter Disney stay next summer, maybe 10 days like your trip, and going for AKL or a deluxe. I'd like to do one of the Epcot area resorts as I like the walking to the parks and both HS and Epcot are walkable I'm not sure though...
We are considering a longer trip next time, 2021/22, 3 weeks. Week offsite mainly at Universal and two weeks onsite (POFQ or AKL). We are hoping to visit KSC too. I love the way we always plan so far ahead with Disney holidays, not booked DLP yet but already planning the one after that 😂

Edited at 07:34 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
We are considering a longer trip next time, 2020/21, 3 weeks. Week offsite mainly at Universal and two weeks onsite (POFQ or AKL). We are hoping to visit KSC too. I love the way we always plan so far ahead with Disney holidays, not booked DLP yet but already planning the one after that 😂
True, I always seem to be planning a holiday I'm thinking of trying to see some of Florida next summer and not just stay in the parks. Perhaps the gulf coast or miami and the everglades. I'm not sure how much of that will happen though as this would involve us hiring a car and neither of us particularly want to drive abroard.

Your plan sounds fab, 3 weeks would be awesome. You'd have loads of time to fit in everything you missed out last time. Would you book one of the universal hotels to get the express passes?

Old 21 Apr 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

True, I always seem to be planning a holiday I'm thinking of trying to see some of Florida next summer and not just stay in the parks. Perhaps the gulf coast or miami and the everglades. I'm not sure how much of that will happen though as this would involve us hiring a car and neither of us particularly want to drive abroard.

Your plan sounds fab, 3 weeks would be awesome. You'd have loads of time to fit in everything you missed out last time. Would you book one of the universal hotels to get the express passes?
I don’t drive at all, and DH has never driven abroad either but I agree it would be nice to see more of Florida.

We may price up an Universal hotel, but the only time we visited Universal we stayed offsite at the Holiday Inn and Suites nearest Universal. This was cheap and cheerful but a good base for the park and we walked from there to Universal every day. We didn’t have the express passes but rode all we wanted and didn’t queue longer than 20-30 minutes (end of June/early July). Ideally we would stay onsite but if it was too expensive, we wouldn’t worry about offsite too much.
Old 22 Jul 20, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Kate has clearly inherited your Disney planning genes! She made a great plan, and you managed to follow it pretty well too. It was a busy morning, you did loads of rides - nice to fit in a few you hadn't managed yet. Some good character meets today too, although it's a shame some of the other characters stopped their meets after only a short time.

Thanks for posting this Abby - I've enjoyed reading about your girls only trip. Quite a lot of high's considering it's not WDW Nice little haul that Kate had from her shopping trip. The figurines are lovely, and I do like the mug

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jul 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Kate has clearly inherited your Disney planning genes! She made a great plan, and you managed to follow it pretty well too. It was a busy morning, you did loads of rides - nice to fit in a few you hadn't managed yet. Some good character meets today too, although it's a shame some of the other characters stopped their meets after only a short time.

Thanks for posting this Abby - I've enjoyed reading about your girls only trip. Quite a lot of high's considering it's not WDW Nice little haul that Kate had from her shopping trip. The figurines are lovely, and I do like the mug
Kate liked the being in charge and me having to do what she told me part of the plan for the final morning. Reading it now though I'm cross that we didn't just wait for POTC as we only rode it once, plus I'm cross that we gave away coveted BTMR FP, we were right there, why oh why did we not use them? Future me is astonished looking back, but I know we were pretty tired out and just wanted to sit down for a bit!

There was quite a short window of opportunity to meet the characters and the times seemed to all overlap in the middle of the day, I'd have loved to meet Hook and Smee. The villains are always great fun and there are not many of them at WDW so that is a big plus for DLP.

Kate has a morning cup of tea in the Mickey mug and her breakfast in the bowl every day. So even though they were pretty pricey as individual items they have stood the test of time as she has uses them daily and are a lovely reminder of our trip.

Lynda, thank you so much for resurrecting this trip report as I've had a lovely first day of the summer holiday drinking lots of cups of tea and reading through the report.

Old 24 Jul 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Kate liked the being in charge and me having to do what she told me part of the plan for the final morning. Reading it now though I'm cross that we didn't just wait for POTC as we only rode it once, plus I'm cross that we gave away coveted BTMR FP, we were right there, why oh why did we not use them? Future me is astonished looking back, but I know we were pretty tired out and just wanted to sit down for a bit!

There was quite a short window of opportunity to meet the characters and the times seemed to all overlap in the middle of the day, I'd have loved to meet Hook and Smee. The villains are always great fun and there are not many of them at WDW so that is a big plus for DLP.

Kate has a morning cup of tea in the Mickey mug and her breakfast in the bowl every day. So even though they were pretty pricey as individual items they have stood the test of time as she has uses them daily and are a lovely reminder of our trip.

Lynda, thank you so much for resurrecting this trip report as I've had a lovely first day of the summer holiday drinking lots of cups of tea and reading through the report.
It’s easy to look back and wish you had done more, but you just have to do what feels right at the time and you obviously needed the rest.

I’m glad Kate is still enjoying her mug and bowl every day. It’s reminded me that I had a Minnie Mouse mug from DLP - wonder what happened to it. I’ll have to remember to have a look for it tonight in case it’s worked it’s way to the back of the mug cupboard 🤷🏼

Im really glad I read this report (finally). It’s made me look upon DLP more fondly. Who knows, we might take a trip back there someday. I’m happy it gave you the chance to re-read it too 😁

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
It’s easy to look back and wish you had done more, but you just have to do what feels right at the time and you obviously needed the rest.

I’m glad Kate is still enjoying her mug and bowl every day. It’s reminded me that I had a Minnie Mouse mug from DLP - wonder what happened to it. I’ll have to remember to have a look for it tonight in case it’s worked it’s way to the back of the mug cupboard 🤷🏼

Im really glad I read this report (finally). It’s made me look upon DLP more fondly. Who knows, we might take a trip back there someday. I’m happy it gave you the chance to re-read it too 😁
You are right about hindsight, at the time it felt so lovely to sit on a bench in the sun and watch people scurrying back and forth. We wanted to pick people who looked deserving to give our FP to so we had to sit and watch for a little while. Plus it felt good to sprinkle a bit of pixie dust for a couple of people.

I thought the mug and bowl were a dreadful waste of money at the time, I think they were around €15 each. I'm happy to spend my money on the holiday itself and cocktails which cost $15 but I'm not a massive purchaser of souvenirs. In the end she certainly has got her monies worth from them, even if they are not dishwasher friendly and need to be washed by hand each day