Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Apr 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
LPCKG
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

LPCKG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Over charging hasn’t been an issue for us for a good 2/3 years we do 3/4 trips a year but at the beginning of this month it seeemed to be
A real problem I saw most folks returning cars well those that scrutinised the bill had issues the quest the kiosk got way bigger after me
Just check at the barrier on the way out it says zero and when they hand you back the slip when you take the car back it says zero if you already paid for fule
Tolls and admin fee won’t show up till later on your CC if you use the
Toll pass we have our own MR T I’m sure just pays at the toll booth
Thank you x
Hilton Orlando & Portofino Bay Resort 2016 / Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress & Royal Pacific Resort 2010 / Orlando World Center Marriott Resort 2009 / Hard Rock Hotel 2006 / Portofino Bay Resort 2005 / Port Orleans Riverside 2004 / Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 2003 / Orange Lake Resort & Country Club 1992 / Vistana Resort 1988
LPCKG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If you go through the sun pass lane it will automatically charge its number plate recognition now there will be an admin fee plus tolls
On your CC bill after you return home
The admin fee will depend on your hire company Alamo is around $20
Per length of hire
Hope that helps
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Brinko View Post
So the only extra that I have is the "Fuel Service Option, Full - Empty" obviously that has been pre-paid, so it should still say 0 when I go to leave the garage. Judging from that I should not have to pay a penny?

Is there a reason people have been getting charged? Or is Alamo just trying their luck.

Thanks!
Hi. You say 'prepaid' but it rarely is unless you have one of the Gold type Insurances which give you the free tank. I suspect you may have this as you have a young driver package.

If you dont have that you actually pay for the tank on your return even though you requested it weeks or months beforehand.

If you have the former then it will be $0.

I dont think companies deleiberately scam customers it's normally a computer glitch that causes issues. I dont adopt that view with the desk clerks though who will skin you alive given half a chance.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Sorry to join in with more questions but...

When you say check the receipt at the barrier, presumably that is when you collect the car at the beginning of your holiday? If you opt to prepay fuel will it still say $0? If you aren't happy that it says what you expect it to say do you sort it out at the barrier or park up and discuss it at the kiosk?

I was hoping that by going with Alamo my rental would be seamless.

Thanks
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

If as MR T says if you have a package that says full to empty fule is already paid for
If you opt to pay at the kiosk your bill should still have zero there
With the fule cost shown
When you hand the car back the only charge you should have is the
Cost of the fule as stated on the paperwork you got at the barrier
Dispute it at the barrier before you leave the garage if you are not happy I always take a good few minutes to check the final print out before I drive away no matter how tired I am nor how big the que is behind me been stung once never again
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Sorry to join in with more questions but...

When you say check the receipt at the barrier, presumably that is when you collect the car at the beginning of your holiday? If you opt to prepay fuel will it still say $0? If you aren't happy that it says what you expect it to say do you sort it out at the barrier or park up and discuss it at the kiosk?

I was hoping that by going with Alamo my rental would be seamless.

Thanks
The barrier receipt will show $0 if no extras added.
If fuel is added it shows that amount, plus tax, plus airport user fee. However it doesn't get billed to you at that stage.

Just check nothing else is on there.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Brinko
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. You say 'prepaid' but it rarely is unless you have one of the Gold type Insurances which give you the free tank. I suspect you may have this as you have a young driver package.

If you dont have that you actually pay for the tank on your return even though you requested it weeks or months beforehand.

If you have the former then it will be $0.

I dont think companies deleiberately scam customers it's normally a computer glitch that causes issues. I dont adopt that view with the desk clerks though who will skin you alive given half a chance.
You got it!
We have the Gold package (like you said, because of my age)

I will keep an eye on the tickets! Thanks for making me aware!
Brinko is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

The bill says - less bill to Alamo uk pre paid gold.co.uk $959
Total charges: $0.00

Original bill $584

Edited at 03:03 PM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List