Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Apr 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Mobile

This thread is great! We are about to go to market after looking for something else for 18 months. We didn’t want to sell before finding something! Agree with so many tips on here, we don’t have pets but the grown up son and daughter are far worse😂 I’ve actually got spare duvets and pillows and towels made up ready just to whip off the used ones, stuff in the car, fresh ones on just for viewings! As well as a basket for each room to sweep personal stuff into quickly and again put in the car. Finally, keep on top of laundry or again shove in car for viewings. You may not notice sweaty gym things being stinky but your viewer might! Got these tips from watching Kirsty & Phil!

We are frantically clearing nearly 20 years of stuff so far 7 trips to the tip and a couple to charity shops and that is only the garage and spare room done!

The agent will do our viewings and I plan to be out as finding it very stressful and overwhelming emotionally. Dh says ok we won’t move but we want to as although I love the house, not where it is anymore😟. I’m just hoping 6 months time we’ll be settled in a new place and back to normal. Good luck to everyone selling and buying xx
Old 22 Apr 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
The estate agent said they would ring to re arrange but my gut instinct is telling me its a cop out excuse.
Oh that’s rubbish! We are just finishing off tidying this morning then I’m taking kids out for an hour so DH can do the viewing. House looks so tidy! Although my windows are streaky - I used windowlean late last night and can see how bad they are now in the sun! Annoyed!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by alkel2730 View Post
Oh that’s rubbish! We are just finishing off tidying this morning then I’m taking kids out for an hour so DH can do the viewing. House looks so tidy! Although my windows are streaky - I used windowlean late last night and can see how bad they are now in the sun! Annoyed!
Our windows are not great either, the insides are not too bad but its the outside thats worse. Being a 3rd floor apartment we don't have a window cleaner and I can't reach out of them far enough to do them either. My o/h tried to do them but he's not good at cleaning and has made them look worse
Old 22 Apr 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pjamas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn’t worry about the cats, lots of people have pets and they are viewing the house not the animals. I can’t think if they fell in love with the house the previous owner’s cats would be a deal breaker anyway! I know plenty of people with such allergies and none of them would walk away from their dream house for that reason.

Keep it tidy and don’t stress the perfect people will view eventually and it will all fall into place.
Pjamas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List