Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Apr 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Adventerous holiday ideas NOT USA !

Hi

Looking for more adventure, what trips have you been on?

We are so undecided for Summer 2020 but know we don't want USA.

We had thought Malaysia ( Borneo) with Singapore or Costa Rica?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks
Old 18 Apr 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Melbatb on here just came back from a great trip with her son to Argentina. She did a photo report of the trip too. I had never considered Argentina for a holiday destination but it looked really interesting and adventurous too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I had to chuckle... Because you are going to Vietnam yet didn't think to mention there! That sounds adventurous to me.
Old 18 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I had to chuckle... Because you are going to Vietnam yet didn't think to mention there! That sounds adventurous to me.
Haha, I hadn’t thought of that 😂. Yes go to Vietnam, it looks very good. Just crossing the road in Ho Chi Minh looks very adventurous and brave I think.

Our son teaches in Vietnam so we are visiting him in Ho Chi Minh. We are also spending some time in Hoi An which looks beautiful. It is our first trip to Vietnam so I will report back after our trip and let you know how adventurous it was 😃
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

What do you mean by adventurous? Stuff we’ve done in the past few years:
Malaysia (KL, Borneo and Langkawi), Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, China, Australia, Egypt, Morocco.
We also enjoy seeing places a little more off the beaten track but from the comfort of a cruise ship eg South America, Alaska, New Zealand, Indonesia, other Far East countries (Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar).
Places we would like to see or revisit- Jordan (Petra), Oman, more time in Myanmar, Machu Picchu, Galapagos, Pacific Islands, more time in Bali - pretty much the world really! 😂😎

Edited at 08:35 PM.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

I loved Argentina - more than I expected to and would love to return! There are lots of places there I haven’t yet seen!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

I guess I'd like the best of both worlds. I'd like to see some of a country /city then have a week relaxing in a nice hotel ( preferably AI) .
Is such a thing possible.
Another thought had been S.Africa with safari then a week in either Seychelles or Mauritus BUT our daughter will be going to S Africa in the Easter so we've ruled that out as she'll no doubt want to see somewhere else ( albit she'll be building a school whilst there so doubt much time for sightseeing).

Thanks
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Myakka17 View Post
I guess I'd like the best of both worlds. I'd like to see some of a country /city then have a week relaxing in a nice hotel ( preferably AI) .
Is such a thing possible.
Another thought had been S.Africa with safari then a week in either Seychelles or Mauritus BUT our daughter will be going to S Africa in the Easter so we've ruled that out as she'll no doubt want to see somewhere else ( albit she'll be building a school whilst there so doubt much time for sightseeing).

Thanks
Tanzania and Zanzibar?

South Africa is apparently one of the destinations where your £ goes furthest these days, so might be worth considering. If it’s a different type of trip to your daughter’s school-building then it matters not that it’s the same country.
Old 19 Apr 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Haha, I hadn’t thought of that 😂. Yes go to Vietnam, it looks very good. Just crossing the road in Ho Chi Minh looks very adventurous and brave I think.
Must agree crossing the road in HCM is one of the most adventurous things I have ever done. Even walking on the pavements has challenges
Old 19 Apr 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by letty View Post
Must agree crossing the road in HCM is one of the most adventurous things I have ever done. Even walking on the pavements has challenges
Honestly, it’s the one thing that’s stressing me over the trip 😃 I’m rubbish at crossing busy roads anywhere in the world so can’t imagine how I’m going to cope in HCM. I have said I’m only going anywhere if it’s on the same side of the road as our hotel 😂