Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Apr 19, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
aliced95
Gone all Goofy

Mobile Online check in - only 1 request option

Do people check in to their disney hotel online before they go or wait until they arrive? If you wait until your arrive do you just get whats left?

I have just been looking at the online check in for wilderness lodge and their is only 1 room request option available, that's 'highest floor', despite being able to request 2 options. When we have stayed at other resorts their have been multiple options. We don't want the highest floor but likewise no request we could be anywhere.

What would you suggest online check in or wait?
aliced95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t tend to do online checkin as I need to pick up magicbands which you get from the checkin desk.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 19, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I check in online as it saves time at the desk, I request my room through the chat on the DVC member site, there must be something similar on the WDW site?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I never check in on line. I want to talk to them about my room allocation. I never ask for an upgrade but will debate location within the level of room I’ve paid for. As we have to go to the desk to get out Magic bands anyway it’s not any kind of major time saver really to do the online check in.
Old 21 Apr 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
aliced95
Gone all Goofy

Thanks your replies. We are going to wait and check in when we arrive so we can discuss room options.
aliced95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I do online check in and email room request as well
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aliced95 View Post
Thanks your replies. We are going to wait and check in when we arrive so we can discuss room options.
Bear in mind that once you're there room allocations will have largely been done, I'd put your request in before getting there regardless of whether you're checking in online or not.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
aliced95
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Bear in mind that once you're there room allocations will have largely been done, I'd put your request in before getting there regardless of whether you're checking in online or not.
We have booked through Attraction tickets direct and have made a room request through them. Is there any other way to request if you haven't booked direct with Disney?

Edited at 02:41 PM.
Old 21 Apr 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aliced95 View Post
We have booked through Attraction tickets direct and have made a room request through them. Is there any other way to request if you haven't booked direct with Disney?
Via Touringplans.com who will send an e mail. Their website has room views. Not sure if you have to have subscribed to use this part of the website. That said making multiple requests confuses them.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List