Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Apr 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mumbread22 View Post
Disney has us booked into the grand floridian for 16 nights which is completely wrong as the 13rh night is our flight back to the UK. Virgin states 12 nights in OkW one bed villa which is correct. You don't expect this kind of mix up when you have booked as early as April 2018.
There would be a problem with booking a DVC resort that far out anyway as the rooms used for cash bookings don't usually become available until 11 months out when DVC knows how many of them they need for the DVC owners.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney has us booked into the grand floridian for 16 nights which is completely wrong as the 13rh night is our flight back to the UK. Virgin states 12 nights in OkW one bed villa which is correct. You don't expect this kind of mix up when you have booked as early as April 2018.
Out of interest did you get free dining with your original akl ? And did they confirm you’d keep dining at okw as it wasn’t available after September 19 ?
I hope some can pop on and help who also booked with virgin last April . Perhaps amend the thread title to virgin april18 booking problems help ? I do think part of this is because you needed the bunk beds though , I presume virgin knew this hence the call to you ? Then somehow someone has messed up the whole booking with Disney .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mumbread22
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Just to clarify. Virgin did not contact us till December to let us know we couldn't have Akl bunk bed room as booked in April 2018. That was when they offered the grand Floridian but then promised Okw and then sent out updated booking confirmation showing this which was dated 3rd December (under 11mths from our travel date). I know vacation club properties don't become available till 11 mths before the travel date.
mumbread22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mumbread22

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I agree ,bit of a mess . On a side note the gf does have a 5th convertable sofa bed though that is big enough for an adult . My mum slept on it and said it was really comfy, the rooms are quite big as well and the convenience of mk and the monorail .
We have the same problem with akl removing bunks ( 73 yr old mum and 15 yr old son cant share but they can according to Disney yesterday !) but having to Stick with it as there is no where for us to move to apart from a 1 bed which is £6k more . Blow up bed it is then .
This is shocking. No teen wants to share with their nana. Disney should have resolved this better
mumbread22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I hope you get it sorted, but as Mexy says, free dining wasn't included at OKW or SSR if checking in after 24th September (from memory), so if VH changed you to there then you'd lose the free dining. You really need to check on that too.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

If VH aren't helpful this email address might help
WDW.DRC.GUEST.SERVICE.COORDINATOR@DISNEY.COM

During the AK refurb fiasco last year lots of VH customers got help with moving direct from Disney, with a CM called Chylah taking a lot of the credit. Include your phone number in the email to get a call back
BarryL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mumbread22

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I agree ,bit of a mess . On a side note the gf does have a 5th convertable sofa bed though that is big enough for an adult . My mum slept on it and said it was really comfy, the rooms are quite big as well and the convenience of mk and the monorail .
We have the same problem with akl removing bunks ( 73 yr old mum and 15 yr old son cant share but they can according to Disney yesterday !) but having to Stick with it as there is no where for us to move to apart from a 1 bed which is £6k more . Blow up bed it is then .
Thank you. The problem with the Floridian is it is not known to my autistic daughter and she gets used to certain known things. We have stayed at the okw and animal kingdom before and this will help my daughter relax/sleep/stay calm. These are big issues to kids on the spectrum which not everyone with kids not on the spectrum is aware of. Thanks for telling us the bed is big enough though x
Old 20 Apr 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Thank you. The problem with the Floridian is it is not known to my autistic daughter and she gets used to certain known things. We have stayed at the okw and animal kingdom before and this will help my daughter relax/sleep/stay calm. These are big issues to kids on the spectrum which not everyone with kids not on the spectrum is aware of. Thanks for telling us the bed is big enough though x
No problem at all . make sure virgin don’t fob you off . Perhaps push them for a 1 bed at akl ?
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I agree with the other posts about checking your free dining with Virgin - assuming that as you booked in April last year for AKL, you would have had free dining there, as has been stated, you had to be checked into OKW or SSR by mid-September to qualify for free dining.

Based on the issues from last year, it seems that Virgin may have told you everything had changed to OKW but this information hasn’t gone to Disney, hence it showing the GF. I’d be very concerned at the wrong dates too.

Hope they sort it for you.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
Mobile

Sorry, I don't know much about autism, but If they're offering you GF at the same price could you not show your DD utube videos of GF to help her see what it's like?

There must be "walk through" videos?

Might help her?

Sorry if not appropriate X
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List