Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Apr 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo skip the counter - credit card

Basically, I've done skip the counter for my trip in May. The one driver we have doesn't have a credit card, so I've put my credit card down on the site.

When we leave the airport, at the gate, they need to see the drivers license, passport and credit card. Will it make any difference that its my card and not the named drivers ?

Obviously I'll have my passport and stuff there too, if they need to check that. Just wondering if that's going to be an issue ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I always understood that the credit card had to be in the main driver's name. It should say in the T&Cs of the hire company.
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Might we had an issue last month I’d booked the car and was lead driver but DH decided to drive from the airport we’d done skip the counter so I chucked my bag in the boot with my CC in it just took out my lincence
At the barrier you guessed it I had to get out the car take everything out the boot and get the card no way was they guy accepting DH CC
As he wasn’t the lead driver
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Aslong as the lead driver has his credit card though, we’ll be fine ?
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ilathi
Excited about Disney

I had a similar question which I got the response "the card used must be in the same name as the lead driver." Admittedly, that was through Budget but I would assume they all have a similar clause.
ilathi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Interesting, ive always been named driver and used Alamo countless times. Last couple of times ive used the wifes credit card and its been allowed.
Old 21 Apr 19, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Yes that's fine the lead driver doesn't even need to drive out of the airport just need CC and drivers lincence DH often books my car for my solo trips on his card I just have to produce mine at the gate as I'm named as lead driver
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List