Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Apr 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoNick
Proud to wear my Ears

We have stayed at Hard Rock and Portofino Bay (a fortnight each time) without doing Disney and found our breaks to be really relaxing. As suggested above we went to watch an Orlando City game (we booked through Virgin and had the coach travel included - pick-up was at Citywalk), we also visited Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Aquatica and Volcano Bay. If you want a change of scenery you can also ‘pool hop’ between Universal resorts. Maybe one evening dine at a Portofino Bay restaurant when Gru and the Minions are visiting and then listen to the opera singer of an evening around the Portifino Bay area.
OrlandoNick is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

we did 14 nights in 2016 at Cabana Bay and were sooo busy
at cabana there are 2 pools, one lazy river and slide,and the bowling alley which we did one afternoon and had a blast
mears do a shuttle to the premium outlets athough i think you have to book this however in 2016 it was free, , however there were plenty of taxis' outside cabana and at the outlets to come back
at universal there are the rides, shows to keep you well busy, we had one afternoon that was a wet ride day - a good times!
to eat there is a great choice, toothsome chocolate factory, cowfish
we got the landry card for bubba gump
we also got the eat and play card this gave you access either to the cinema or crazy golf and a meal it was a great deal as i think it was $25 a head
the new endless summer hotel will open i think this June (check) you could get the shuttle bus to there and then explore International drive using the trolley bus, as the hotel is on the old wet and wild site.
we booked an trip to wild florida which was a pick up from rosen point hotel that was a great afternoon on the airboats seeing the alligators and wild life
the choices is endless!
have a great time

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 19, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

As you know, Cabana Bay is only one of the now numerous hotels at Universal. We sometimes spend some time going to the others to have a look around when we stay at the Royal Pacific, you could always pool hop as well as long as you don't mind the hassle. Also, you can get the I Trolley all the way up and down I Drive and hop on and off as much as you like. The new area at the Orlando Eye is nice, plenty of eateries and outside space.
Old 22 Apr 19, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at cabana bay, and I think it's going to take some serious doing on my part to get my wife to choose a villa over doing there again. The ease of getting straight into volcano bay 🌋 and the pools there themselves. Plenty for people of all ages to do. What's not to love about sitting around a pool with a beer watching a film on the projector.

Edited at 06:19 AM.
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
Have you considered a Discovery Cove ultimate non swim. Ours for this August is £160.. and you get..
1. The day in DC with all food, drinks, snacks etc free. If you eat a meal late, then yo may not need another one that day.
2-The day in an amazing park.
3- 14 days Seaworld , Busch and Aquatica.
4- Free parking at all of the above.

I firmly believe that this is the very best park deal in Florida and with some truly awesome, large, 54inch rides.
In 9 visits, we have purchased this ticket on 8 of them. It is the only ticket that we consider a ‘must buy’.
Does this ticket include the bus to Busch?
Thanks.
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes it does. It leaves from close to the seaworld entrance.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney20152
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We have just got back from 7 nights doing Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica. We had a great time, a lot more relaxing. We done Seaworld twice, Aquatica twice and Busch Gardens once. We all really enjoyed the change x
Disney20152 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List