Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Apr 19, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Fitted storage lounge...

The house clutter debate is running in my house at the moment. Lots of TV shows set have great full wall storage solutions. I think I need something like that, but with multiple doors (no open shelves (I hate dusting!) And options for loads of junk to be streamlined and hidden away.

Any ideas or recommendations of where to get this sort of thing. Most of the stuff I see on line is more wardrobes focussed.

Want floor to ceiling ideally to look like false walls - and not so expensive that it would be cheaper to extend 😁

Kids moved out took all their stuff with them. We filled up the space that left. They have now moved back in and brought all their stuff back. Garage is overloaded ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

You may need custom built cupboards which will cost more but may look better as will fit the space
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7

There is a local company that do bespoke alcove units. I’ve fancied them for years but never taken the plunge.

I’d look for someone local who can do the same.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Have you thought about Ikea? They have some great storage solutions.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
We looked at Ikea Besta range, they looked great, but the quality was shockingly bad.

I think if the OP wants fitted furniture, I think getting a good joiner to quote might be the best way forward. Might be a bot more expensive, but the quality will be there, it will look better and will maximise space.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thanks. We have a selection of IKEA storage at the moment. I have as thinking of heading there to have a look tomorrow but then thought about it being bank holiday madness.

Even if we don't get the actual carcasses from there I will def use some of their internal storage solutions and boxes!
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
We looked at Ikea Besta range, they looked great, but the quality was shockingly bad.

I think if the OP wants fitted furniture, I think getting a good joiner to quote might be the best way forward. Might be a bot more expensive, but the quality will be there, it will look better and will maximise space.
That's a shame about the quality, I like the streamlined modern look of these units.

I think you are poss right a joiner to deliver something similar may be the way to go.
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post

There is a local company that do bespoke alcove units. I’ve fancied them for years but never taken the plunge.

I’d look for someone local who can do the same.
Those look lovely Bev.
We don't have alcoves just plain walls, but something similar would be fab. Love the way they are completely integral.

I had been thinking of doing a full false wall, but you have now got me thinking about the whole false wall, fireplace and side by side cupboards. This will require a bit more rejigging, but would be far more characterful.
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Ok. So my view is that if I have great whopping big cupboards with plain fronts then it really doesn't matter what I put in there to free up space elsewhere.

But coming up against some resistance to the idea of keeping coats and Hoover's and ironing boards in there as it isn't the right purpose for the room. Suggestion is it should just be loungy type stuff.

Problem is we don't have much loungy clutter but we do have a lot of non loungy essentials that are eating up space and no other practical space for storage.

What do you think? Cupboards, does it matter what goes where if you cannot see it?
Old 21 Apr 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
You may need custom built cupboards which will cost more but may look better as will fit the space
I suspect you are right. Either a local joiner or a company to do it. Any suggestions for companies which might be reasonable? I looked at sharps but seems to be wardrobes, not loungy stuff I think.